Stranded!

I’m glad to hear about your success and maybe it would help explain my puzzling situation. Sorry to hear about the Prusa. I have an extremely puzzling intermittent error when I print things. It started out giving me Heating Error messages that later turned into Thermal Runway errors.

I know the thermistor and the heater cartridges are working fine because when I preheat the nozzle and the bed and just leave it nothing bad happens they hold their temps very consistently and give no error messages.

It seems that certain files I can print with no problems and very good results and some will immediately give me a heating error.
I’ve done before.

It can’t print CHEP’s xyz cube without failing on the second level. Twice and twice. Two wins and two losses.

Every time I try to print this lamp my friend designed It poops out almost immediately every time.

So I decided to try a silly vase and did 20 % and cut it off so it would finish quickly. 16 minutes. It came out perfectly.

I am now strumming my lips. My friend is in the process of compiling another version of the operating system to download. He didn’t quite finish but will be back later perhaps.

What the devil is a Prusa permission?

LOL, @vankichline’s wife game him permission to buy a Prusa, then revoked the permission because he got his printer’s firmware to update.

I bet if she wanted a “New Sewing Machine” for example she would not ask his permissions! :rolleyes:

LOL, now, now, your prejudice is showing :slight_smile: His household may be like mine, where any decisions on non-trivial purchases are mutually agreed to. ?

I was just speaking from experience. Did not mean any disrespect to anyone.
On another note, I ordered a new bed and magnetic pad for my Artist-D. Now I can get brave and remove a small piece of pad in middle of current bed and adjust the length of the two spacers. I was not brave enough the other day to do this. No Backup at that time! I will first just file down one of the two spacers. Oh! I did notice that the two spacers had a lot of play. Maybe just tightening the screw up would be enough. I am just on the verge of being tight enough to keep the screw nobs from vibrating off. I have to check all the time, even with the packing supplementing the springs. Now time to get brave again.

If it was completely clear, I was pulling your leg :smiley: