New IDEX printer on Amazon so cheep

I receive emails by the dozen from Amazon and here is a link that caught my eye. The pictures look a lot like the Artist-D pro with some very good enhancements. It is made bu Tinlog, but uses the name NLT.

Similar looking to JG Maker, but different extruders, different cabling to the extruders, the bed looks different, not sure what else.

The thing I noticed first was the waste brush and bucket.

300 degree nozzle temp? Wow you could print exotic filament with that at 600 dollars a kilo. Seriously that could be a very interesting machine.

Yeah, that is a Tenlog. LNL is a reseller for them I believe. If you visit the Tenlog Facebook group you’ll see LNL on there quite a bit. I’ve had the Tenlog DL3 Pro for a few months now, and it’s been a good machine for me. Before the Tenlog, I had to return two different Artist D Pros for a couple of different issues. The prints I did get out of the Artist D were astounding quality, but the mechanical issues on both happened within 3 weeks of receiving them. I hope JG Maker gets the bugs worked out of the Artist D Pro because I’d love to have another one because of the print quality. Not saying the Tenlog isn’t good quality. The only thing that really sucks about the Tenlog is the cable management. Oh, and that borosilicate glass bad I hated. I replaced it with a Magnetic removable plate PEI setup.

you’re right; they are different too. Didn’t even notice on my 1st look.

Yeah… but virtually all of those filaments require an enclosure and either venting to the outside or active carbon filtration. I’m not a fan of venting to the outside. Why pollute the atmosphere. I much prefer the carbon approach. I’m looking at making a carbon filter and enclosure for my Ender 5, so I can try some ABS.

I am a real believer in carbon filtration for air or water. It will be interesting to see what you do. I am toying with the idea of making an impromptu fume hood and was thinking about dryer ducting to my sliding window on the back door but a carbon filter might be perfect for what I need it for. If I ever plate gold I will need one. The plating solutions give off gases and I have become sort of accustomed to the pickle barrel smell of copper sulphate. Perhaps some of the other solutions are more toxic. It doesn’t seem to me that copper, zinc, nickel, silver are a problem. I think chrome might be. I am thinking of acetone fumes when I am dipping my plastic into the conductive paint. It would be nice to not have to work by an open window during a Canadian winter.

Amazon.ca says it is currently unavailable.

Hmmm, not sure what gold plating solutions you’re referring to. We never had ventilation for our gold plating. Mind you, the anode in our gold plating tank was plated in platinum, the idea being that you could plate gold out of the solution without having to have gold anodes. The platinum did not get off-plated from the anode, so it lasted years.

The solution has to be regenerated after all the gold ions are plated out. I know what you are speaking about in general though I certainly don’t have your experience. It is a real help to have someone with your expertise to set me straight. I am most concerned about the acidity of the gold electrolyte. I did work in a laboratory for a while after taking chemistry to Chem 101 so I know lab methods I just want to make my gold electrolyte myself and normally gold will only dissolve in aqua regia strong HCl hydrochloric acid and strong Nitric acid. I saw one method of doing it without nitic acid on the internet. I am told that nitric acid can be hard to get in any concentrated form. I’m not sure of this because I’m not ready to plate gold until I learn to plate plastic with copper. After that plating silver gold or nickel will be a piece of cake.

We did use highly concentrated nitric in the plant, but it was nasty to work with. I have no idea about the makeup of the gold plating solution. All I know is the 1st batch came in liquid form and, as required, we would add a pinkish crystal powder to the bath to replenish. The bath was very shallow; about 1.5" deep. The tank was about 16" wide and maybe 24" long. There was a deeper section at the right end. The solution was circulated by pump through some filters into the left end of the tank and it flowed past the circuit boards to fall over the edge into the deeper section. There honestly was not that much total volume of solution. We could plate about a dozen boards at a time.

I know, commercially, some gold is extracted through a process that involves cyanide. Ours did not, but then we weren’t extracting.

The more I think off carbon filtration fume hood for my conductive dip the more I think it is a great idea. I can make it be a lamp too to help view my plating solution just beside
Where I will paint. Dual function. I will let that stew in my beleaguered brain for awhile.