Weird stl print

I have an stl from thingiverse, Long Rollers for TevoUp Hydra by RuiRaptor - Thingiverse that I am trying to print for my Tevoup Hydra. It shows up in the center of the bed when I slice it but when I try to print it it starts in the front left corner of the bed and onlt prints a blob. I have tried slicing it 2 or 3 times moving it to the rear of the bed but that does not help. I have no idea what setting is making it do that. Any suggestions?

This sounds strange.

Are you sure the bed measurements are properly applied to the printer settings? Is that blob print area on the diagonal opposite side of the beds homing position?

This is the only thing I can imaging. The printers max moment in firmware would block movements beyond bed size.

E.g. Cura thinks the bed is 500x500, but the printer is 200x200, so all movement beyond 200 in each direction gets ignored to protect the printers hardware.

The sliced center would be 250x250, but the printer stops at 200x200 and ejects all filament at that single spot. Since the pipe is a a small diameter object the printer did not move below 200x200.

I’m not sure. When I set it up I set the x and why to 305 and the z is 400. The start g-code is…

G28 ;Home
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0

I don’t know very much about the config settings so I am not sure if I dorked something up along the way in setting it up. I just started a print job for a fan shroud and it started printing in the center. I think it is only that file that is having a problem. I didn’t have a problem with the rollers I printed that came on the thumb drive with the printer.

The shroud came out great. It printed in the center of the bed like it is supposed to. I had 3 printers that I set up with different profiles so I removed them and set one up using the Creality Ender 3 Pro that was recommended from Just Vlad on YouTube ( One was set up as a custom and I used the profile that came in the thumb drive from Tevoup. The 3rd was just a copy of one the Ender profile that I made some changes to by using the suggestions from DR. Vax in his videos. Since the shroud came out good, I tried printing the roller that was in the thumb drive, there is an stl, a sdprt and a gcode file so I used the stl file, sliced it then tried to print it and it did the same exact thing as the other roller. Just a ball of filament. I also tried printing the bed test that i in Dr. Vax’s Cura Slicer Secret for Perfect 1st Layer Prints video and that wanted to start in the front left corner as well so I am at a loss as to why it does that with some files and the others print where they are supposed to.

I think I found the problem. I opened the problem roller gcode in Notepad and get the following…

;Filament used: 5.14073m
;Layer height: 0.2

In The gcode for the roller that works I see this…
;Filament used: 11.985m
;Layer height: 0.18

now I have to figure out how to fix it.

This. OP check the printer machine settings page in Cura, especially the “Origin at Center” setting.


1 Like

I have 2 profiles now and the box is checked in both.

Only delta-style printers use “Origin at Center” as far as I know.


I unchecked it in Cura and that seemed to fix it. At least the 4 or 5 things I printed started in the middle.

1 Like

After numerous hours going back and forth with Tevoup, I completely gave up on that printer. It was the 2nd Hydra and it was just as bad as the first. I shipped it back today and surprisingly, Tevoup refunded the full price I paid even the shipping. I got an Ender 3 S1 Plus and once I got the bed trammed, it prints great. I am very impressed with it. I should have bought that one in the first place. Oh well, live and learn.