BL Touch Settings Question

This is on smith3d’s website config page

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: BLTouch G420.PNG Views: 0 Size: 222.2 KB ID: 6776”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“6776”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“BLTouch G420.PNG”}[/ATTACH]

They go on to say you can use G29 instead

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“BLTouch G29.PNG”,“data-attachmentid”:6778}[/ATTACH]

As I said, you can technically leave out the M420 S1 if you’re doing a G29 after the G28, but it doesn’t hurt to leave it in there in case there are any issues. The additional z is fine too, it sets the fade height which is how many layers it takes to fade out the compensation. I generally have the fade height at 10 but the differences are very subtle. It can also be set and saved to eeprom in the menu or set as whatever number as default if you’re compiling your own firmware, so you don’t need to set it in gcode.

“Fade height”??? 1st time I’ve heard of this.

For some reason the ender 3 v2 boards are unable to make leveling enabled persistent after a reboot. So has to be set in the start gcode… At least until they figure out a work around.