Bed Leveling Speed

Hello. How can I change the bed leveling speed on my Ender 3 v2 using Marlin?
Thanks for your help.

I’m assuming your using the BL Touch as your ABL device of choice? If so you could just change the firmware to the Smith3d firmware. They have a version called the high speed probing. They have the 3x3 (3 rows of 3 probes, 9 total) 4x4 (4 rows of 4 probes, 16 total) and 5x5 (5 rows of 5 probes, 25 total) this leaves the probe needle deployed for the whole time the bed leveling is going on making for much faster bed leveling. Just follow the directions on there web page to install.

https://smith3d.com/ender-3-v2-bltou…y-smith3d-com/

Does the G29 code save the BL info before it Uses it?

I’m a little surprised at such questions. Considering the time most prints take (hours or days vs minutes), I don’t quite understand why anyone is concerned about a few minutes spent getting the bed absolutely level.

No at present marlin doesn’t have a way of storing the mesh info. At least for the current version of marlin anyway.

This is what they say on the smith3d web site

VERY IMPORTANT Add G29; after the G28 in your start G-code
in the starting G-code of your cura profile. To enable leveling on every prints. As the current marlin for Ender 3 V2 is unable to make “leveling enabled" persistent after reboot.

That makes sense. I’m not terribly upset by that though. I think I would prefer to have the BL Touch do a 3x3 level test before every print, just to be safe. It’s only a few minutes after all.

Of course, the leveling time is not important compared to the print time. But it’s just that I want to know. That’s for my personal knowledge.

Nothing wrong with more knowledge. As I said, though, even if Marlin could store the leveling info, I wouldn’t rely on it; I would do a level before every print.