Super Mario Wall Style Amibo Stand

Today I bought some terracotta filament and needed to print something. Since a benchy is useless I decided to design and print a figurine stand to fill my clock shelf with more life.

More pictures and the FreeCAD source can be found here

Here a sneak peak :smiley:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Klicke auf die Grafik f\u00fcr eine vergr\u00f6\u00dferte Ansicht Name: MarioWallAmiiboStand_1.jpg Ansichten: 0 Gr\u00f6\u00dfe: 251,5 KB ID: 8907”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“8907”,“data-size”:“full”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Klicke auf die Grafik f\u00fcr eine vergr\u00f6\u00dferte Ansicht Name: MarioWallAmiiboStand_3.jpg Ansichten: 0 Gr\u00f6\u00dfe: 239,2 KB ID: 8908”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“8908”,“data-size”:“full”}[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Klicke auf die Grafik f\u00fcr eine vergr\u00f6\u00dferte Ansicht Name: MarioWallAmiiboStand_4.jpg Ansichten: 0 Gr\u00f6\u00dfe: 242,9 KB ID: 8909”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“8909”,“data-size”:“full”}[/ATTACH]

Have fun!

PS: No supports required, so even @Ender5r should be pleased.

Did I detect a little dig in there?
I like the bricks and the terra cotta colour.

My daughter would probably like it. Her whole apartment is filled with bookshelves that are full of tchotchkies: Mario, Pokemon, Pikachu, etc., etc.

I wouldn’t know a Pikachu if it came up and bit me.

Then you better hope you get a doctor who can diagnose Pikachitis
[SIZE=36px]???[/SIZE]

Does that require another vaccine?

If you name Pikachu you need to list plumber, too. Like Mario is a plumber, Pikachu is a pokemon. </end of klugscheißing> :smiley:

Sorry, there is no way I have, or ever want, that much knowledge about the subject. :slight_smile:

When my grandson was visiting Montreal a few years back he was playing some Pokemon Go game all over the place and I never did really understand what that was all about.

Beautiful print.

My daughter did/does this too. Apparently, the Pokemon company designates thousands of GPS co-ordinates & assigns them to different Pokemon characters. On your smartphone you run the Pokemon Go app & travel around your area. When you get close to 1 of the designated GPS locations, your phone starts to indicate that you are close to such-&-such a character. If you get close enough, you get to collect that character. That, at least, is my understanding of how it works.

What would “collect that character” mean?

I’ve never done it, but I gather that, when you get close enough to the GPS collection, an option appears on your phone that let’s you “collect”. Basically, your copy of the app registers that you were there and got this character, so it now shows up in your account as having been collected. You can show your screen to friends & family if you want. Nothing really physical happens. After all, it’s all augmented reality. There isn’t really anything at the location; it’s just that the app communicates with the backend system and it says it has virtually placed a character at that location. Think of it like placing a pin on a map. If you go to the pinned location there isn’t really a giant pin stuck in the ground; it’s just on your map.

Thank you. That seems very logical but I couldn’t figure it out.

Ups, I did it again and again and …

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:8953}[/ATTACH]

Nice. I sent the link to my daughter. (BTW, in English, the phrase is Oops, I did it again…)

I never realized to what extent people love these star wars and Pokemon characters in small models.

Oops, I did another one :smiley:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:8967}[/ATTACH]

So you printed an angry piece of poop with fangs. I guess if I was a piece of poop (nobody say ANYTHING) I’d be angry too :wink:

BTW @Geit, I assume you are not printing the figurines themselves?