Super Mario Wall Style Amibo Stand

No, those are Nintendo Amiibo´s, which I usually buy at the flea market or so. Unfortunately, I can´t for over a year now. grr.

I just designed the stand for the figurines in FreeCAD and printed them.

Yeah, I figured you’d either have to do a lot of filament color changes, or print them white & paint them, so I figured you probably bought them.

Some people seem to really get into finishing them and painting them but that has never appealed to me. Maybe if I suddenly got my brain working again and started sculpting original models I would go to such pains.

Yeah, I too have not interest and skill to do a proper paint job.

Assembly is the new painting.

That’s why I am really waiting for Dr. Vax and Ender5r to get their dual extruder printers. multi color, multi material prints with dissolvable filament for supports will lead to a new era of creativity. IMHO

I though so, too, but somehow I changed my mind.

I probably drop the hassle of using a having multiple print heads, but a swappable generic head, so I can add a laser or a pen.

The need of multi color prints is quite limited. Well, at least for me. I mostly print functional parts to repair things and if stuff gets bigger, having one print split to multiple colored parts, like I did here, makes more sense, saves material and the print quality is far better.

For figurines a resin printer is the better choice anyway due to the resolution, but then you need to do a paint job again.

I rather pay 2-4 euro for a figurine on the flea market (or 15-25 in a store) than wasting all the time getting a bad result. On the other hand I spend some time to create the stands and wall hangers to get them on display properly, which saves a ton of money, as such a cube easily cost about 20 Euro if you buy something like that.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“small”,“data-attachmentid”:8981}[/ATTACH]

It’s nice to be able to customize decoration.