Prusa Slicer Sovol SV04

When printing a single model using only one extruder Prusa Slicer would heat up both hotness, I would turn it off using Octoprint if I remembered. I thought to myself they has to be a way to keep Prusa Slicer from turning the in the 1st place.

Last night a little light came on when I was thinking about how to do it. It came to me, Make a filament called NONE and in it set the temperatures to 0 for all layers. The way it could be used to turn of which ever hotend you didn’t use.

One more step in getting Prusa Slicer to work on a IDEX printer.

Update:
Worked in theory was good also need to correct the Start Gcode to set the temperature for each nozzle

M104 S[first_layer_temperature_0] T0 ; nozzle heatup
M104 S[first_layer_temperature_1] T1 ; nozzle heatup

Should have been this way from the git go so you could use filaments with different working temps

Call it SubZero :smiley:

I seem to do my best problem solving when I turn in and try to fall asleep :wink:

It’s often the same for me – come up with ideas while in twilight sleep.

There’s when it happened during twilight sleep. Tried it after I was awake and thinking straight but it doesn’t work. It’s setting both extruders to the same temp. I’m digging into this further.

The NONE filament theory was good I just didn’t carry it far enough the Start Gcode needs to be changed too;

M104 S[first_layer_temperature_0] T0 ; nozzle heatup
M104 S[first_layer_temperature_1] T1 ; nozzle heatup

Should have been this way from the git go so you could use filaments with different working temps

Yes, that makes sense.

Hii!
I just managed to print a 2 color calibration cube with a sovol sv04 using prusaslicer.
My setting work but not the way I wanted.
I sliced the models in the middle of the buildplate but they came out on the right side of the build plate.
Also inicial purge lines are not working properly.
Any help?

This is almost certain to be a case where: 1) the incorrect printer is selected in the Printer section or 2) the bed size for the selected printer is incorrect. BTW, you might want to check out SuperSlicer. It is a fork of PrusaSlicer but has more features exposed.

Here’s my confiig bundle for Prusaslicer 4.x.x for the SV04

PrusaSlicer_config_bundle-SV04.ini.zip (9.02 KB)

1 Like

Dual and copy should be the same, the one that’s different is the mirror mode where the model is reversed.

Joined just for this file, staying for the amount of knowledge I discovered on the site
!

Hi!

Has anyone an Idea how to configure standby Temperature for the idle extruder? You could use the Ooze Shield function of Prusa but I don’t need that shield and temp should depend on used filament type.

Kind regards
Jay-Jay

You might look at the custom g-code sections under Printer Settings. I believe there is a section that deals with what to do when changing extruders.

You should be able to set the filament type for each extruder individually. I have a filament named NONE which has the temptress all set to 0 when only printing with one extruder I set the second extruder filament to NONE

Gramps, thanks for your great effort!
I just 04 and want to use it to print with two extruders, where one will be only used for support, brim, raft, etc. I want to use the full bed. Do you know how to set this up in Prusa slicer?