Prusa slicer problem.

Ever since I followed this video Getting Started with PrusaSlicer for Mac for non-Prusa printers (Ender 3) - YouTube. BV3D and set up my ender 3 pro the way he does his profile and changing the start and end gcode I make my printer brain dead. Anything I slice will home the printer, heat up the bed (if I want it heated) then heat up the nozzle and just sit there while the temperature goes up and down around the temperature I set. I can put in gcode that I have sliced before and it works fine. So I imported another profile from Chep PrusaSlicer 2.1 with Creality Ender 3 - YouTube. and it’s doing the same thing. I even tried resetting the start and end gcode to the bare bones script I have used for ages and it does the same thing. I use a sim card.

I just fired up Cura for the first time in months and sliced something and it is doing the same thing. I am completely baffled. Obviously I’m doing something stupid but WHAT?

Have you opened the g-code file and had a look at the instructions? Have you tried formatting the SD card?

The plot get’s thicker. I ran a bed levelling program just before trying the same Cura sliced print and it is now printing. I remember having done this before with a Prusa sliced file. It’s like I have to wake up my printer. This is a real mystery to me.

You must have disturbed the magic smoke gods for a while, but I guess you made amends ?

I would love to know what’s going on. Is my printer brain dead?

Nah, the printers are omniscient; it’s we who are the brain dead ones ?. Honestly, I don’t know what’s going on, but at least it seems to be working again. Have you tried Prusaslicer again?

I just resliced the same file in Prusa and it is printing. I really don’t know what is happening.