Marlin 2.0 Slide Deck and Configuration Files for Ender 3 v2 and ANET ET4/5

There is 1 other advantage: your printer came equipped with ABL, so you don’t have the issue of figuring out if you did a hardware installation correctly.

Just a thought: can you go back to the firmware that came with the printer? Presumably, it is properly configured for the ABL sensor.

I made a backup with the ST Link, but I’ve got to be honest, I do not know how to get the Firmware back on it ?
I’m trying to figure Marlin out for now, if I don’t get it sorted out I suppose I’ll go back to Stock Firmware.
Will write in some other Forums later, maybe they find something in the configs.

edit: ABL Was working superb on stock ET5 Firmware

If you are using the same Marlin 2.0 bugfix as DrVax and myself check the EasyConfig.h about line 77

#define ET_MODEL

When I loaded it, it stated mine was ET_MODEL_ET4 you will need to change it for your model
There is a list of the current models a couple of lines up

So the line should read:

#define ET_MODEL ET_MODEL_ET5_PRO

If it originally states ET4 then that’s why you can’t use the ABL, the ET4 doesn’t support it

So I need to enter ET5_PRO even though I have the normale ET5?

Look at the options shown a couple of lines above. Find the 1 that most closely matches your printer.

Well I “selected” the ET5 (which is the printer I have) from the get-go, dunno why it DOESN’T works

edit: doesn’t

Are you saying it’s working now?

So you copied the printer’s name from a couple of lines above to the line where the printer is defined?

Looks good to me.

I attached my config files as .txt
If anyone has the time / wants to help, maybe you can find a mistake or something that helps ??

EasyConfig.txt (8.05 KB)

Configuration.txt (89.7 KB)

Configuration_adv.txt (146 KB)

I was just checking EasyConfig.txt. Do these changes match yours?

#define ET_MODEL ET_MODEL_ET5
#define ET_CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME “Anet ET5 DrVAX For Video”

Hello There
(Star Wars reference :slight_smile: )

I finally got it to work!
The Fix was much simpler than anticipated, I wrote in many Forums & also the Marlin Discord and a Facebook group.
One Friendly guy named Anders Höög was able to help me since he had the same problem:

1. in Marlin/src/inc/EasyConfigPost.h edit line 117 into a comment
    /* #undef USE_PROBE_FOR_Z_HOMING */
  2. in Marlin/Configuration.h edit line ~856
    #define USE_PROBE_FOR_Z_HOMING

I honestly have no idea how this fixes it (I don’t know a lot about pogramming tho), to my untrained eyes it seems like a weird bug
That’s everything ther is to it! It now autohomes just fine and works properly, I hope that this can help others that encounter this problem, even though I hope nobody encounters this problem!

This is really frustrating… Just checked thru your txt files, they are identical to mine, with the sole exception of me replacing “DrVax” with my notation
So I’m not sure what is going wrong

All I can suggest is, and this might seem a dumb idea, re-calibrate the sensor
Move the head up about 100 - 150mm, where you can get your hand under it with ease
Use a finger to find the trigger point of the sensor.
If you touch the sensor and it still hasn’t triggered then you need to use the screw on top to adjust
Same if it triggers too far

Hello Everyone

I just got a second 3D Printer the Anet ET4X. I wish I had known more about it when I ordered it but I wasn’t really shopping for new printer but for $89.99 on a late night blitz sale I wasn’t passing it up.

So I did some more shopping BLtouch, Capricorn Bowden tube, ST Link V2, 4 spools of PLA and some other accessories.

Well after hours of watching Dr. Vax Videos I feel very confident that this was a good investment. the printer got here and after 2 hours I had my first calibration cube on stock firmware that was measuring 20.87mm X 20.88mm Y and 21.7mm Z but I didn’t see the Resolution was set to .35 mm. I then printed the dog that was included on the SD card and other then needing a jack hammer to get the print off the buildtak type matt that was included with the printer.

so now that I know the printer works time to flash marlin 2.0. as of now I have OpenBL and marlin 2.0 on my ET4X and the Calibration cube printing at 20.06mm X 20.04mm Y 19.99mm Z @ .2mm Resolution. and after 2 days of use the wife has told me its the printer or her. LOL one has to go or the printer needs to be silent.

So I have ordered a a new mainboard for the printer from a ET4/ET5 Pro this board should have the TMC2208 silent drivers vs the A4899 drivers on the current Main Board.

so what I am not sure of is what changes I need to make in the to the Next firmware build to work correctly.

I have the PID’s for the bed and hot end recorded from the last time but I will be running the calibration again as I know the new board will not read the same

so the goal he is to build ET4X firmware and set it to use the

TCM2208 Driver settings
BLtouch
Set it to push the build deck to the front after the print is done.

I believe this can be done in the Easyconfig.h file but the labels are more for experienced users.

if anyone can help I would very thankful

I’m sure I am missing something somewhere but where do I go to get he openblt_et4.bin bootloader from?

https://girhub.com/davidtgbe/BLT
this link is for the open bootloader