Installed Glass Bed - Now have layer offset issues

TH3d is the marlin website too isn’t it?

Don’t think so. I think the Marlin project has its own website. TH3D does make a unified Marlin-based firmware pkg that’s free for everyone to download. I’m using it.

I did download it but am very unsuccessful at implementing it.

I went online as usual, because Internet teaches me everything. My lighting struck brain doesn’t work normally any more. I would most certainly have not been able to print the things I have without internet.

#roon4660 Struck by lightening and survived, huh? Irv beat the Covid on a ventilator. Am I hanging with grizzled superheroes or what?

All the info about Marlin: downloads, help files, configuration explanations etc etc you can find at www.marlin.org Even if you use TH3D firmware, it is useful to go back to get a better understanding of the core functionality. Warning Don’t mix files from the two sites as TH3D have done a lot of custom tweaking of the code files.

What printer are you using? Will check out if supported.
MrD

He’s got an Ender 3 Pro, which is supported I believe.

TH3D is a company that Tim Hoogland started after his initial product caught on (EZABL). He is a good guy to know and follow, he can be somewhat difficult and does not suffer fools well. He does know his stuff, both electronics and software. I like to buy American when I can and a lot of his products are made or sourced with American parts. A valid complaint that many have is the products are more expensive, but I am willing to help keep a good company in business and really do value their support. Tim has a free version of Marlin firmware that you can download, and a precompiled version for a number of stock printers. I have three Creality Ender printers that I switched over to use the Ezboard and Ezabl. I like that everything is in the same ecosystem. All of my printers act and function the same, ever though two are Ender 5s and one is an Ender 5 Plus. I use one of the online firmware configuration tools that TH3D has for Ezboard firmware. You can check his you-tube videos, he is passionate about 3D printing. He is like Dr. Vax without filters.

??? spot on!

MrD

So I watched some of Hoogland’s personal website videos. I couldn’t stop laughing: this guy is half my age, or less, and I can fly a drone better than he can ?. What a hoot!

Ender5r - how old are you? I just had my 69th birthday. Tim is a very interesting guy.

Put it this way: if we had the same mother, you would be my little brother ? And, for the record, I wasn’t at all disparaging Tim in any way. It’s just funny that a guy in his 20s to 30s has more trouble with flying a drone than an old fart like me. I do think what he’s done with 3D printing is really good, and he also seems to support the larger 3D printing community which, in some ways, is even more important.

Nice to know someone even older than me is doing this… That’s why I was so impressed with Dr. Vax. He suggested what I have been doing since before I retired. I have always been curious about making or building. I did a lot of woodworking and auto mechanics, but found I was not that great. I tried laser engraving and a small CNC router, but realized that what you can do with the cheap systems was limited. Then I tried 3D printing, The community is fantastic, so much support and information, and sites like Thingiverse with the free designs. I do enjoy modding the printers, much easier to change the engine and transmission than on a car, and much less expensive.
I have never seen Tim fly a drone, but as you said he has been a big support to the community and has developed a complete system for the Ender series. I try to watch most of his videos, but some are just too long. Stay in touch.

As I said to my daughter when she asked about some of the things I’m doing, “Just how many good years do you think I have left?”. She, of course, did the usual, “Oh, you’re not that old” platitude, but I pressed on and made her realize that I may have only a few years to go. As with 80% of men, prostate cancer has caught up with me. I should be getting brachytherapy surgery sometime this summer or fall.
I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything. It is what it is. All my life I’ve accepted reality for what it is and dealt with it as best I can. The treatments will work, or they won’t. Reality. No point getting all maudlin about it.

Sorry, it took a while to respond. I have been working on a broken dishwasher, which I got going and a new workbench build. I had a similar life changing experience, but a long time ago. I was 45 when I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Went through a lot of chemo with limited success, then had two bone marrow transplants. This taught me to enjoy life and to keep living. My way to do that is try and lean something new everyday and to keep experimenting. We are lucky being retired - we don’t have to let work get in our way. I also enjoy helping in the forums, here - Thingiverse, You-tube and TH3D. I’m going to make a separate post on the Vision Miner Nano Polymer Adhesive. I have some pictrures

Vision Miner Nano Polymer Adhesive - I have some pictures of my Ender 5 bed coated with this and showing the aluminum after removing the factory magnetic base. Also include are the metal clips that I referenced

Vision Miner Nano Polymer Adhesive and bed mods for Ender 5- 2.pdf (322 KB)

I’m just discovering the advantage of using glue sticks, like Elmar’s & UHU, It works really well on my glass plate. Earlier today I watched a video of a guy who put the entire contents of a glue stick into a 4 ounce bottle and filled it with water. The resulting mix made it much easier to apply the glue to the bed. I’m really thinking of trying it.

That sounds interesting. Let us know how it works… I had problems using glue stick, found that I had to clean it off after every print, it (maybe me) went on too thick, so watering it might be a better solution.

So far, I am redoing it every print, but all I do is rinse it in the kitchen sink. It doesn’t take even 30 seconds.

I shall be very interested in seeing it. Yes life changing experiences do change one’s life. I hope you are doing well now. I took a break from trying to figure out macs file system. My brain starts spinning after awhile and my printer is not helping any. It went from printing beautifully yesterday to plugging up repeatedly with every filament today. Absolutely dry PLA. Something is happening that I haven’t considered. I just downloaded your file.

I am tired of hair spray and would be very open to a glue stick solution. Shall be watching with interest.