Ender5 Pro firmware update for BLTouch

BTW, I’m surprised you have to go through any of this rigamarole at all. You have an Ender 5 Pro, which should mean you have a 1.1.5 Silent controller board. If so, it has a bootloader already built in. I wonder why you can just update the firmware over a regular USB connection to the printer, without the ISP.

Probable. But I don’t have the source code.

Yes, with the message: I do not recognize … :frowning:

Logged in. With the LED on the MB on. I tried without HUB.

Hmmm, I’m not sure I can see how you’ve got that wired. Did you unplug the LCD cable and plug in the ISP cable?

Not. There are separate pins on the board.
Here are all the instructions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkTTXtrfJDg

Thanks. That video was really helpful. So, the USB stick isn’t recognized on any of your computers: [LIST=1]

• with the ribbon cable attached to the ISP
  • without the ribbon cable attached to the ISP
  • with the ribbon cable attached to the ISP and the controller & pinboard
  • with the ribbon cable attached to the ISP but not the controller
  • with the ribbon cable not attached to controller or pinboard [/LIST] Assuming all that's true, and it sure sounds like it is, I really suspect you have a bad USB ISP stick.

Following all the instructions in the progisp software should be fun in Chinese.

• Out of curiosity, does the LED on the USB ISP light up when you plug it into the computer?

Yes. LED is on.

And yet, nothing happens when you run progisp.exe… odd.

I came to the same conclusion. Unfortunately.

The button “ISP” disabled. See first post picture.

OK, what I’m about to say & ask is really tedious, but it’s hard doing this by forum.
    For the moment, I’m going to ignore the wording in Device Manager.
    Looking at your screenshot & comparing it to the image in the PowerPoint provided by Creality, they look almost the same, including the greyed out PROG ISP logo. One difference I see is that yours is in English and the PowerPoint is in Chinese. But, the same boxes are checked.
    The other difference I see is that you have ‘Command’ highlighted in the column at the far right, and the PP has ‘Flash’ highlighted. I assume you’ve tried clicking Flash and then the ellipsis (the button with the ‘…’ on it?

I tried. I did not strictly follow the condition of the button.
    And the answer from creality:

The ISP cable is installed on the motherboard. Is there a blue light?
    If it still doesn’t work, the ISP line may be faulty

I wonder if, by ISP line, they mean the ribbon cable. IOW, maybe they’re trying to say the ribbon cable is bad, which is certainly possible. Do you have a continuity tester you can use to test the ribbon cable?

BTW, I tried running progisp.exe myself. When it starts, I get a couple of address exception violations, then the GUI comes up. Did you get those?

OK, potentially good news. I copied the progisp 1.72 folder to my desktop and started progisp. I still got the exceptions, but it loaded. I clicked Flash and was able to load the hex file. Then I clicked the ellipsis button and got the small window with all the check boxes. I clicked Read at the bottom left, and it said it couldn’t find the programmer, which of course I don’t have, so that makes sense.
    Also, I cannot select the 1284P board, because the entire list is empty: no entries to choose from at all. Not sure why; maybe something to do with the address exceptions. But, you do have the selections showing, so that’s good.

I am very curious to see what happens if you click Flash. Are you able to load the hex file? And 2nd, when you click the ellipsis button, does it bring up the checkbox window and, if it does, if you click Read does it actually return a value, or an error like I got?

Also, did the software come with your BL Touch pkg, or did you dnload it from creality.com?

#Leo #EnderSr I am a little puzzled too because the 1.1.5 silent board has a bootloader built in. I will compile and post a firmware.bin file for you to flash.
    MrD

@Leo has an Ender 5 Pro, so it should be a 1.1.5. I thought the issue is that he doesn’t have source code for the firmware that incorporates the BL Touch; only a hex file. Can Arduino IDE or some other software burn firmware in hex format. If so, this goes back to my earlier post asking why he can’t just flash over a regular USB link. I figured it was not possible because .bin and .hex files are not the same (but I don’t know that for a fact).

Yes. has. !!!