@Drone_Pilot: interested in how you handle TPU & nylon

“when I print with TPU or NYLON what I will do in most cases is skip the retraction test as those filaments are not about making large bridges where you need fans cooling and retraction where those functions can be detrimental to your finished product, either causing layer separation or curling.”

I’m interested in how you print them and, most importantly, what you do to protect yourself from the fumes (are fumes a concern when using nylon?).

I have never printer Nylon but for TPU which I do not print very often, I just slow down the printer and use the higher range of the TPU temperature listed on the side of the TPU filament reel, which reduces the stress on the extruder since at the higher temperature the TPU will be easier to extrude. I avoid models where stringing would be a problem.

I need to spend some more time printer TPU on different printers and make a video about it. Thanks for the question.

Now that I have ordered a food desicator I may jump into the void and order some TPU. I’ve never dared to open my PETG yet because they are all so hygroscopic and who needs more problems. What really made me interested was a video where someone did a filament change from PLA to TPU and then back again so he had two stiff parts stuck to a flexible part. Of course I would have to hunt and hunt to find that video again but I think it was chep who did this.

Of course I will have to be able to initiate the G600 command in my prusa slicer for this to work. I wish I had the slightest clue about arduino but when you are 75 y/o and have brain damage to boot things are different.