Anet ET4, latest version?

Found this video on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWk2…ature=youtu.be. It was linked to on the FB page as being the ET4 “manual”. Anyway, what I got from watching part of it is that leveling is a 2-step process: manual, then automatic.

Using the touch screen the operator first manually leveled the hotend to the center of the bed. Then he adjusted a screw on top and to the left of the hotend so that the ABL blue sensor LED lit up. It goes on from there, but it appears that the process is to 1st level the bed manually so that the ABL can then be told, “this is the correct height”, by using the adjustment screw. I didn’t watch more than that, but I can imagine that the ABL would learn the offsets needed for various locations on the bed by doing an automatic leveling.

Bottom line: the new ET4’s do not have a Z-axis limit switch; they now have a sensor on the hotend assembly.

Thanks Alan and Ender. All comments agree with my findings.

Photos, Irv, as requested. I plugged the Sensor, black sleeved triple cables into the LV socket, there being no guidance and no other triple socket.
As mentioned before the sensor functions under certain circumstances and has enabled me to start a quality print. Till testing the ‘power out’ function when it smacked into the bed. LV: live?

Research suggests others have experienced this problem and some cured it by updating the firmware. Ender found an update for the model which the machine accepted though the touch screen still displays the old V1 version. I loaded it via the card slot. Perhaps this was incorrect.

GEARBEST offered me less than I paid if I send it to Spain but am happy to keep the printer as it appears of good quality and with potential.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:2340}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:2341}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:2342}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:2343}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:2344}[/ATTACH]

@Pedrx, some kinda noobie, but since we’re doing this via texts, also kinda necessary questions: [LIST=1]

• did you watch the video I posted? If so:[LIST=1]
  • did it cover whether that green 'cap' is supposed to remain on the bottom end of the sensor?
  • did you follow the manual, then automatic sensor adjustment like it shows in the video?
  • did you manage to get the blue sensor light adjusted? [/LIST]
  • when you upgraded the firmware, did you follow this video: [U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnfo0QsMIP4.[/U] Basically, it shows the guy writing the 2 firmware files to a blank microSD card, then using the touchscreen to go to [I]Settings/Upgrade.[/I] That was basically it. He did show the [I]Info[/I] screen before & after the upgrade. [/LIST]
  • Ender5r

Have seen both videos. The green ‘cap’ stays on.
    And yes to your three other questions.

Also found this ANET article, some while ago, which I may have to try but wanted some other opinions first:

Q: The automatic leveling malfunctions. For example, the extruder stumps on the print bed, or it constantly hits the top limit switch.
    A: This issue has perished after we developed ET4 firmware 1.1.5 (ET4's Newest Firmware Update 1.1.5 Has Released Now! — Anet 3D Printer). Now there’s little need to worry about that. But we still recommend you to go to Youtube to see a specific video demonstration done by one of our colleagues. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1rrZAGhaadjeVJMi8CGAsQ). There you can also learn other things like how to handle blocked filament.

Q: ET4 bricks after firmware updating
    A: Before updating the SD card must be formatted.
    If the machines have already broken after updating, you need to buy a J-tool to flash the firmware. And the tutorial we also have in our official blog.

If updating fails then check out this: ANET ET4 FIRMWARE UPDATING GUIDELINES.

Hi @Pedrx. You what I see as the good news? At least now you have some info, and it seems ANet is providing a lot of it. I can’t say as I’m impressed about their warranty attitude, but their “conversational” English is certainly amusing to read. Sometimes I think I should really volunteer to provide the English instructions for some of these Chinese companies.

I would definitely try installing the 1.1.5 firmware. And, definitely use a freshly formatted µSD card. These days, I think almost every company as finally settled on FAT32 as the format of choice.

BTW, I watched both of the ANet provided videos in your post. While not terribly good English, they did seem quite thorough and detailed. I have bookmarked zhun han’s YT channel, as he has some very simple and clear demonstrations of 3D printing issues and their cause(s) (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1r…adjeVJMi8CGAsQ). I love how he demonstrates bed leveling/nozzle height issues live in [U]Qualified leveling - YouTube. I presume he is adjusting the nozzle height using the touchscreen, just like he did when showing how to adjust the ABL sensor. I find it a very effective demo.

Thanks for all your help. Will try the above… Again…

Some stuff done on the cheap old Anet A8 which, apart from renewing the linear bearings, has worked faultlessly for 2 years.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:2356}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:2357}[/ATTACH]

OK, so you are already at firmware 1.1.5 and still have issues. I think I finally got it.

Not quite. I updated via the SD but, and as mentioned above, though the update was accepted the Version 1 on touch screen remained.

So will repeat all of the instructions and if necessary acquire a J-tool, whatever that is, and so on.

Yeah. Zhun han’s video made it quite clear that the firmware version should be updated on the screen, so I can only assume something didn’t take. Trying it again would be my next step too.