After studying the video Vase Mode Techniques

Hi All

After studying the video “4 Vase Mode Techniques Compared; How to use Cura for Vase Prints”.

I did some experiments with the changes shown, using Cura 5.3.0 only I make the bottom 2.4 mm, when the wall is straight up or inbound all is fine, but my test with outbound wall did not go that well as you can see in the red model.

If anyone has any idea of the reason of this, I would be glad for some thoughts, the red one is PLA the green is PETG and all I models I did is watertight, ;o)

Best regards Benny

Well, I think I have found a solution myself. As shown with two pictures from Cura, one with a wall line count of 3, where the error is clear, the other has a wall line count of 5 and the error is not visible, when the printer becomes free, it must be tried.

3_lag

5_lag

Best regards Benny

I’ve read about some bugs with Cura 5.3.0 and this might be one of them. Does the problem still exist in 5.3.1?

Cheers

yes, the problem is also there in Cura 5.3.1, but if I use 4 in “Wall Line Count” instead of 3, the outgoing surfaces are printed smoothly, as are the rest. Except for an spot near the outside seam.

Cheers

Interesting. Is there a link to the model? I’m curious if this behavior exists in other slicer.

Cheers

Now on my hompage - radiohobby.dk - I use OpenSCAD, I hope this is OK

Cheers from Benny

I apologize as I thought I had already replied, but apparently forgot to hit “enter”!?

I tried several versions of Cura and was unable to reproduce the strange behavior you found at a wall count of three. I used a 0.4 mm nozzle and linewidth at a 0.2 mm layer height. Very strange, but at least you have a solution!

Cheers!