3D Printer Firmware

I would like to see a review of new firmware for Creality 3 V2 Neo. In particular MRiscoC. Would this enable smoother filament changes especially mid-print? Has anyone use Sonic Pad? Does it provide options to easy filament changes. With the V2 Neo it appears to be impossible doing it mid print.

I have never cared for the Creality firmware it me it was always unrefined and buggy. Don’t have a Ender 3 v2 Neo but have had Ender 3 v2, Ender 3 S1 Pro, Ender 3 S1Plus. I ran/run MRiccoC Professional on all of them. I think the Professional software is much more refined and just works better on my machines. Makes bed level easier and I have had no issues while using it. Don’t do much filament changing mid print but when I have tried it it worked well. Haven’t used a Sonic Pad but did experiment with Klpper and it had it’s good and bad points. I was never able to get the speed others were talking about. It’s been about a year since I ran Klipper so I’m sure it has improved since then.

Give MriscoC’s Professional firmware a try and see if it works for you. If not you can always refresh to the Creality firmware or Klipper for that matter.

2 Likes

I would not buy a Creality Sonic Pad because it depends on Creality for updates as opposed to the Klipper community. There is also no Pressure Advance value or Input Shaper in the default config file according to one review I saw. If you are looking for a “one-stop solution” for Klipper, consider the Bigtreetech Pad 7 ($129) as an alternative to the limited Creality Sonic Pad. Klipper folks note that it is:

• Running pristine sources for: Klipper, Moonraker, Fluidd / Mainsail, and KlipperScreen (slightly modified version shipped but pristine version possible)

• Fully compatible to the update mechanism of the above mentioned products. You can always upgrade to latest version without the need to wait for a new firmware release by Creality

• Fully compatible with all guides and information around Klipper and its ecosystem. No crippled klippy.log that makes diagnosing issues a pain.

• Based on easily accessible Linux OS that allows all sort of tinkering / customization should you need it.

• Upgrade possibilities with Raspberry Compute Modules, e.g. CM4, to increase computing power. Also compatible to the respective Linux flavors available to the CM4.

Also, if you have a Microcenter near you, they occasionally have Raspberry Pi’s in stock.

Cheers

2 Likes

I just ordered a Raspberry PI 4B (4gb) from Vilros. For starters I’m replacing my raspberry pi 2b running octoprint.

Great! Check out Kiauh while waiting for it to come in.

Cheers

1 Like