1st Post: Prints Quality Tuning

Hello all,

Given this is my 1st post here, I thought I’d better provide some background before staring asking questions.

I’m a 3d printing newbie, got my 1st printer (Creality Ender 6) about 1.5 month ago. I believe I managed to set up the hardware and basic software (OctoPrint, Cura, etc) properly and am getting and OK prints but there are some defects I’d like to get rid of.

Given the DrVax’ videos seem to be the most informative, well presented and relevant to my set up, I’d like to show some photos of said defects and get an opinion on how to improve.

Please let me know if it is OK to do.

Thanks. Alex.

Sure it’s OK. It’s not OK to make me jealous by having an Ender 6 ?.. I’m kidding of course. :smiley:

That is why the forum exits. :smiley:

Sometimes, your typos are hilarious, and this 1 is especially so: “exits” instead of “exists”.

Have you printed a set of 1-layer squares to check nozzle height?

Never heard of this one… I use BLTouch and set my Z-offset so 1st layerd look good. Never heard of the test you’ve mentioned.

I think this 1 explains it well: [U]Best method for 3D printer bed levelling - YouTube

And, of course, let’s not forget Dr. Vax’s video: [U]Z Offset Adjustment for Perfect 3d Print Adhesion - YouTube

That test produced good 1st layers, don’t think z offset is a problem…Any other clues? Thanks