PDP replicas.

Hi.
You might be interested in these PDP8 and PDP11 replicas powered by raspberry pi’s:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: PDP8_Replica.jpg Views: 0 Size: 84.6 KB ID: 718”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“718”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“PDP11 Replica”}[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: PDP11_Replica.jpg Views: 0 Size: 88.6 KB ID: 719”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“719”,“data-size”:“full”,“title”:“PDP11_Replica.jpg”}[/ATTACH]

I have built both from a kit and they work great!

You can get the kits here:

https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obs…idp-8-overview

Good Luck!

Steve Gibson,   Home of Gibson Research Corporation  , was one of the very early adopters of these computers: GRC's | Digital Equipment Corporation's PDP-8  .

They look like they should be on a set from Space 1999.

This is FANTASTIC. It brings back many memories as I worked on both PDP-8s and PDP-11. On the PDP-11 I wrote device drivers for RSX-11M. Now for those of you that were not part of the DEC family back in the '80s, yes that is a long time ago, this probably all sounds like gibberish. It was a great time and in it heyday DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) was a great company to work for.

I then moved to work on VAX/VMS systems which is where the DrVax comes from. I was still an operating system internals kind of guy managing a team of folks that wrote custom data communications device drivers for VMS systems.

It’s still amazing to think you can replace the power & functionality of computers from the 70s & 80s with something like the Raspberry; not entirely or exactly of course, but still…