IDEX Gcode Separate Dual Extruders

I’ve watched many of Dr. Vax’s excellent videos but must have missed it if he did one on using GCode commands for dual extruder printers. In this case, a Tenlog DL3 Pro. Specifically, I’m trying to set up starting GCode so both the bed and both extruders will start moving to temp instead of waiting for one or the other.
I’m using Prusaslicer 2.4. (Working great so far!)

I found this on one of Chris’s basement videos:
Start Gcode:
G21 ;metric values
G90 ;absolute positioning
M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107 ;start with the fan off
M104 S[first_layer_temperature];set extruder temp & don’t wait
M140 S[first_layer_temperature];set Bed temp & don’t wait
M190 S[first_layer_temperature];wait for Bed temp
M109 S[first_layer_temperature];wait for extruder temp
G28 ;Move to min endstops
G1 Z15.0 F9000 ;move the platform up 15mm
M117 Printing…

But, will this work for both extruders?
Or do I have to insert the T0 and T1 in the M104 line?

The end Gcode looks like this:
M104 T0 S0 ;1st extruder heater off
M104 T1 S0 ;2nd extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off
G91 ;relative positioning
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G1 Z+0.5 E-5 X-20 Y-20 F9000 ;move Z up a bit and retract filament even more
G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops, so the head is out of the way
G0 Z+100 ;move Z up 100mm M84 ;steppers off (Get the extruders up away from the print
G90 ;absolute positioning

What I would do is: [LIST=1]

• Insert the M140 line to start the bed heating
  • Insert T0 on a line by itself
  • Insert your temperature setting lines for the 1st extruder (no waiting)
  • Insert T1 on a line by itself
  • Insert your temperature setting lines for the 2nd extruder
  • Insert any lines you want for waiting [/LIST]
  • Yeah, it is the same as with tool changer systems. But you should ensure to use a T0 when you are done, so that the default tool head is active when a print is done and the slicers gcode gets gets inserted.

At least the old version of Cura did not use a T command unless the print starts with T1, so T0 should be set at the end of the start GCode to get the right tool head all the time.

@3dprint.rj, @Meicalnissyen, is this a rebranded, somewhated modded JG Maker Artist D? They sure look a lot alike, albeit the extruders are different.

as an afterthought, would writing the code as OEM did be part of that “eco” button mindset?

the tenlog ? don’t think so, but do not know.
    they have another name that gets mixed in, particularly when titan extruder gets in the search string ‘hictop’

the MOBO has 2209’s with heatsinks so, cool.
    the red wire from main, to PS presses firmly against the cut end of extrusion so, not cool

swings and roundabouts

Yeah, I’m surprised it could get UL approval. I would definitely be doing something about that myself.

Overture makes a repair Kit, [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-tempid”:“temp_1713_1634077362331_920”}[/ATTACH][IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://forum.makewithtech.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​ ships with every roll

LOL, that’s funny. But what about people who don’t have any Overture filament? :smiley: