Creators. You Deserve to Get Paid.

As a member of the MakeWithTech forum, I am offering you an early opportunity to earn money creating 3d printer models. Over the next couple of weeks, I will promote a new set of features on the Models @ MakeWithTech (https://models.makewithtech.com) site. Creators now can upload and share 3d printer models created in OpenSCAD and earn money in two ways.

First, the site is integrated with Buy Me a Coffee (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/). Set up an account on Buy Me a Coffee and enter your I.D. into your Models @ MakeWithTech account profile. Then anytime a user downloads a model from the results page, they will have an opportunity to tip you via the Buy Me a Coffee widget.

Second, I will pay cash for the first 150 models uploaded and accepted on the site. Earn $10 for your first upload, $20 for your second, $30 for your third, and then $10 for each upload after three. Payments are limited to 20 models per creator. This program will continue until 150 models are live on the site. The MakeWithTech team reserves the right to reject any models for any reason. All models must include a license for, at a minimum free non-commercial use.

Payments for models will be made via PayPal exclusively by the end of July.

Ready to participate. Head over the https://models.makewithtech.com. Create a completely free account. Select the “try experimental features” flag on the account page and refresh your page.

Click on the outlined cloud icon in the top menu bar to share a model. Next, click on the solid cloud icon to search for models at MakeWithTech.

Thanks for your time, and let’s learn together and make money together.

Irv

P.S. Feel free to share this promotion with anyone in the 3d printer community.

I found that Buy Me a Coffee requires me to enter a URL that I am responsible for. I considered www.entireuniverse.org :smiley: Then I also wondered if creators have their own unique URL here on models.makewithtech.com, but it seems not to be the case.

So, so far, I haven’t been able to sign up with them.

I successfully uploaded my first customizable model today!

The interface is very good overall. It’s aesthetically pleasing and intuitive.

The one downside I found is that the one-image limit is pretty restrictive. However, having an STL viewer makes up for most of that. Speaking of that, somehow the STL image is shifted down, with about a quarter of it off the screen entirely. That’s while viewing it Firefox (fully updated). If you can’t reproduce that behavior, let me know and I will try to provide more details.

Is there a way to send a link to someone pointing to a specific model? It doesn’t appear that models have their own URL on the site.

A follow up:

After posting my model yesterday, I realized I made a mistake in the way I coded the prototype setting. Long story short, I uploaded a corrected version of the scad file, but when I look at the code on the site for that model, it’s still showing the old code. It maybe there’s some caching going on, and the current code is not getting shown. I even tried deleting the previous version first, then uploading the updated code, but the old code is still showing.

Can you take a look?

Hi
About “Buy Me A Coffee”
If I View / Download / Render a creation found here, I never see the “Buy Me A Coffee” Widget.
I did upload my own creation, but deleted again when found out.
Please advice me if I’am wrong…
/Fronberg

@Fromberg. You have to add your “Buy Me a Coffee” id to your profile. Here is a screen capture of an example:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“652”,“title”:“Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 10.41.52 AM.png”,“width”:“700”,“data-attachmentid”:15465}[/ATTACH]

See where it says “Buy Me a Coffee ID” above. The ID is the value to the right of the “buymeacoffee.com/” link. To the right of the slash.
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“466”,“title”:“Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 10.44.52 AM.png”,“width”:“500”,“data-attachmentid”:15466}[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps.

@CoreyPDX Thanks for reporting the problems you are seeing. I will take a look at them and report back.

@CoreyPDX While I have not yet implemented public creator profile pages, they are on the growing list, I do have a currently undocumented way to highlight and share your models. You can use the following URL to search for models:

makewithtech.com/search/search-string

The search string can be any string supported on the model search page. This includes:

makewithtech.com/search/MOD220502DE1O8 –> to find a specific model and display it. This is a way to deep-link to a model.

makewithtech.com/search/AuthorName –> This is the NickName field in the user profile or the Username in the model listing if you overrode it.
For example, https://models.makewithtech.com/models/Corey/

makewithtech.com/search/any-string –> search for strings in the description, tags, name, author, or model ID fields.

I hope this is helpful.

Irv

1 Like