Cookie cutter problem with gimp

Hi, I would be grateful for some advice. I followed the advice on the YouTube video on how to make cookie cutters. Interestingly, Gimp seems to have a slightly different layout and I couldn’t get to see the inversion of the image properly. I ended up drawing something inside a box and it only printed the inside but not the outline of the box, not sure what I did wrong

Have you figured this out? I was able to make an outline, but I had to perform the inversion operation twice in a row (I think).

Cheers

Thank you. I will have another go.

Let us know how it goes!

Each GIMP upgrade seems to change the layout a bit. Since the time when I made that video, I have been using Boxy SVG with SVG images instead when producing outlines. I create the SVG and then use Tinkercad to convert into 3d objects. Here is a video about it:

Here is a link to BoxySVG:

Since I made this video Boxy has added an image to svg conversion option.

But of the fun of this hobby is that there are always many ways to solve a problem. Let me know if you like this approach.

P.S. I recognize that BoxySVG is $10. But I think it will save you a lot of time so it is worth it.

Thank you for the reply. I have purchased Boxy SVG as very reasonable especially that can use offline as well.

Have an amazing day. Thank you for all the support once again.