Calling DrRoon4660 :)

That lines up with some diagrams I’ve seen where a bowden setup was using an all-metal hotend. The diagram showed the bowden tube ending near the very top of the cooling block, really at the bottom of the top push connector.

I’m getting that impression.

My old macbook caved in on me so I am now back with a new old macbook.This hot weather is giving me grief again. I am back to drying filament. I went through many rainy days which were cooler without bothering but when it gets very warm outside my filament starts clogging again. I hope one of my computer genius friends can help me get some stuff of my old hard drive. I just realized that I have a french keyboard, which doesn t bother me but it means I have to hunt around for punctuation. I don t seem to have an apostrophe. Come to think of it I don t think they use them. I ve only been speaking french for fifty years and never really thought about it.

I haven t managed to make my big screen work yet and my mouse doesn t work so I m squinting at this tiny little screen and fumbling with a track pad that I never really learned to use. I will work things out eventually.

When you say your old Mac packed it in, are you thinking the hard drive died, or something else? If it’s not the hard drive, it should be relatively easy to connect the drive to your new old Mac using even a USB hard drive adapter. If it is the hard drive that could be problematic, as it might require some mitigation work to make the drive readable. If the drive does have problems, perhaps a friend has a PC & a copy of SpinRight. I’ve used it hundreds of times to rescue data from damaged, but not completely dead, hard drives.

Old Mac? Hah, the computer I am using here and now was build in 2001. That is what I call old :smiley:

It is an old PowerMac G4 with 933Mhz but instead of running MacOS I use MorphOS.

That’s the Amiga? OS you & others have been working on for years?

Yeah, it bases on the old AmigaOS, but it got modern features and tons of enhancements. I am even using a dual screen setup on the old mac :smiley:

On August 1st we celebrated its 20th birthday. :smiley:

For sure I figured it has not stagnated. With a whole group of people working on it, I figure it must not bear much resemblance to the original version. So it runs exclusively on PowerPC chips?

Have you tried booting the old MacBook in Target mode? How did it “cave?”

@Geit Nice! I have a 1.2 GHz G4 that I still use occasionally. I’ll have to look into MorphOS. Is there a good source for applications? A browser?

Thanks!

Currently yes, but we already demoed a version running on AMD64 last year at a convention here in germany. We need to break amiga compatibility in the future to get rid of the old crap and add stuff like 64bit support. Existing PPC hardware is running out and we merely support all macs on the upper line anyway.

Making the OS x64 compatible would be a great move IMHO, particularly as Intel is coming out with a new chip design that, apparently, allows real expansion in the Z axis, with super high-speed data pipes between the layers. It looks like chips, finally, are starting to become truly 3 Dimensional. I look forward to seeing it on x64. 'Course, at my age, I may not live that long.

I was disappointed when Commodore packed it in. I l;iked Amiga. I used to use an amiga in a tiny TV station on the island of st. Bart back in the days.

MorphOS is still compatible with system friendly Amiga software. For others there is UAE.