Wear and tare

Hi all, printing with petg, want to give the wood filament a go soon, I have an ender 3 v2, I wondered how long nozels last for, it’s the stock nozel, I’d sooner replace it be for it gets worn, also I print at 239 with the petg, do you think it would be a good idea to upgrade my bowden tube to the capricorn one, many thanks Andy

I liked this idea, so I did this right out of the box. Just one step before going to all metal hot end. Simple HOTEND FIX for Creality Ender 3, CR-10 - YouTube

I do that CHEP capricorn trick and it has saved me a lot of problems. Now I just need to get off my lazy ass and install my new fan to see if I have cured my long term heat creep problem. I need to get re-inspired to print some things. I think it’s good for me to backoff for a bit and just tread water so to speak.

Capricorn tubing is quite a lot more expensive than the standard white PT…whatever. I have noticed that the short piece of Capricorn tubing turns dark and seems to be more brittle over time and I have just printed PLA to date.

I get the advantage of being able to replace short lengths of Capricorn tubing because I converted my printer to direct drive. An all metal hot end is in my future at some point.