TPU is easy and cool, so everyone should try it out.

When I use glue stick this is what I have been using and has worked well.

I have used UHU stick. It works. My only complaint is that it tends to apply unevenly, so it can make the bottom surface uneven. Also, it doesn’t always work as well as I would like. I tried Magigoo, which works better than glue stick. Then I found Dimafix, which works even better than Magigoo. Dimafix and Magigoo apply very evenly, and thinly. They, too, can be used for multiple prints. Glue stick is cheaper but, honestly, the cost per print for Dimafix and Magigoo is minimal.

I drove tractor today. TPU seal on air cleaner works!

I have idea to modify direct extruder on Fokoos Odin-5, for adjustable tension. New topic for that next week.

Excellent news. Keep an eye on it, to see if more use affects it.

I did a review of the Ender 3 S1 Pro recently and as part of it I experimented with Nylon. It ends up Taulman Nylon 230 is very easy to work with and is printable at 230c which is within the range of many 3d printers. While more expensive than TPU it is also quite flexible and much stronger. Something to consider for parts like seals and gaskets.

That’s some good information @irvshapiro-drvax may have to get some of it and give it a try

Just a little follow up to the stuff above.

Since Noyes, the company producing my Filaments, decided to drop TPU as people are failing to print and return spools up to 90% of the time, which is bad for a reseller, I had to search for a new brand.

AmazonPrimeDay choose for me, as the Sunlu-TPU was reduced, so I got myself a 500g spool of black TPU.

It was rated a 95A within the Amazon listing, but I do not find any information on the spool or the box about it. My fear was to get some of those extreme flexible and therefore mostly useless materials, but I was lucky. The Filament is a little more soft than my previous Noyes spools, but it prints very well.

All it took was to reduce the temperature, as the Sunlu-TPU wanted 210°C max, while my old filament was rated to 225°C. So I reduced the temperature to 205°C and it worked just out of the box without any issues. Already printed 20 hours creating floor covers for my stairs railing mount, which I redesigned for TPU use in advance.

I know the bottom looks a little rough right now, but I wanted to see the results to be sure the measurements are accurate, so I just used scissors to quickly remove the brim. The underside looks ugly like hell, because I hollowed it out using a sphere to get space for the concrete around the square rod of the hand rail and support and TPU does not work together well. Since I used three walls the first acts as ugly support, which no one sees anyway.

And before you ask: the broken pieces were a quick PLA print I made during the pandemic. They worked fine, if someone would have stepped on them, they would have been destroyed just like the one I broke off on purpose. I only had white TPU, which would have looked bad. Now I have to print the rest of the seven and they will last for the next decades.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: GelaenderCover_1.jpg Views: 0 Size: 87.1 KB ID: 15620”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“15620”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: GelaenderCover_2.jpg Views: 0 Size: 94.5 KB ID: 15621”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“15621”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: GelaenderCover_3.jpg Views: 0 Size: 86.4 KB ID: 15622”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“15622”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH]

I know Sunlu has kind of a bad reputation, but since this is my first spool and the quality is excellent I cannot blame them for anything, even so I hate to order filament my mail instead of just filling up my trunk.

I’ve been using Overture TPU off of Amazon with good results. I also have some SainSmart that prints well too though it’s softer than the Overture

I never had any probs with TPU or Tenaflex, which holds the middle between TPU and PLA regarding flexibility. Winkle has Tenaflex.

Same here, on both.