Marlin2 opensource

Ciao a tutti,
Non ho esperienze di programmazione ma volendo aggiornare il firmware della anet et4plus ho fatto il flashing,ma qualcosa non è andato bene: non carica il file .srec della sd (formattata fat32 e 8gb). Ora mi sono accorto che nella cartella dove il file viene salvato (.pio /anet/firmware.srec) il file è visto come documento word ,forse perché avevo tentato di copiarlo in word. Secondo me è il motivo per cui la scheda non legge il nuovo firmware. Qualcuno sa aiutarmi per risolvere?(Ho già stressato parecchio Irv e non vorrei che perdesse la sua proverbiale pazienza) grazie a chiunque possa aiutarmi.
Max

Hi Max. If you think copying to Word might have corrupted the file, why not redo the file without using Word? Maybe I’m not understanding something.

Word for sure kills any programming releated files by adding UTF stuff and specific line ends.

Use a specific editor recommended for programming. NotePad++ seems to be the one on windows, if I remember right.

Yes, NotePad++ is certainly 1 programmers’ text editor. Believe it or not, the NotePad app that comes with Windows will do the job too.

But since he tries to compile marlin he should use Visual Studio Code with “Auto Build Marlin” and “PlatformIO” plugins. VSCode comes with an editor, so no need to use anything else.

I didn’t get that he’s using Visual Studio from the translation (since I don’t speak Italian).

I used google translate to get a readable result. He did not mention VS Code, but it is recommended and the easiest way to compile marlin without any hazards.

I didn’t realize he is trying to compile Marlin. I thought he was just trying to get the files into the proper place on the SD card.

Si effettivamente stavo cercando di compilare marlin2.0.xbugfix per flashare la mia Anet et4plus con VSC
poi ho risolto; premetto che sono un profano in materia ma ho seguito il tutorial di Irv e non è stato difficile anche se ,come in ogni cosa, un problemino esce sempre fuori…
Il problema non era nel fatto che non riconosceva più il file dopo averlo copiato su word,ma che nel video di YT Irv insegna a cercare in platformio.ini board.build.offset=0x1000
nel nuovo rilascio di marlin non si trova sotto platformio.ini
Se si cerca su easyconfig.h alla linea 45 si trova l’informazione che spiega cosa fare : change<projectfolder> \ini\stm32f4.ini to uncomment offset line
se si va sul file .ini e si cerca stm32f4 aprendolo si trova
"#uncomment next line to build for use with bootloader
#offset depends on bl user
// board.build.offset=0x10000
Una volUn’area attivo questo, si procede come Irv insegna e tutto fila liscio.
grazie a tutti e soprattutto a Irv per la pazienza ed il supporto nel let me “learn something…together”
??

Glad to hear you got it worked out. Tell me, can you understand English well enough to understand Irv’s videos?

Si, riesco a comprenderlo quasi letteralmente. A volte mi manca qualche termine ma il senso è completo. Anche perché Irv riesce a parlare con calma e in modo molto comprensibile .

Please. If you don’t feel good writing in English, use google translate for this instead of leaving that job for every reader of your posts. Google translation does a good job these days and we probably wouldn’t notice.

Ok. Proverò in inglese

That’s probably a good idea. That way, as @Geit say, It only needs to be done once. Besides, you could get the translation, then get it translated back to Italian, to see if it’s what you wanted to say. I just tried it with this post and it was pretty good. For sure the meaning was there.

Thanks Ender5r, I apologize and will try to do it for my next reply or post.