[Kickstarter] Bambu Lab X1 Series CoreXY LIDAR Bed leveling Multicolor

The Bambu printers have 2 issues right off:

1. they noisy as all get out
  2. they rely on the Bambu cloud to send print jobs to the printer

The Bambu P1P is basically a stripped down X1 with no side panels, door, or top glass to allow a cheaper price and allow owners to mod the printer by printing their own side panels.

While I like my X1 Carbon, I think Bambu needs to scale uo the design for a larger print area like possibly 320-350mm cubed.

Since I really want a multicolor tool for my next big project, I am keeping an eye on this one. Will wait for version 2, even though that this is a long period to wait for. As far as I can see on all the vids I plowed through, they do seem to try and solve each problem everyone reports.

I hope version 2 has a better location to feed filament manually, as it’s now on the back. Also, that purge chute at the back is not a good location, as it’s hard to spot in the container is filling up.

For those of you who have one, I have a few questions:

I see solutions for cardboard rolls, as people weigh them down in the middle and print rims for the outer edges. But I wonder if that prevents the cardboard from “shedding”?

Does anyone know how many decibels it produces?

Is the purge debris noticeable reduceable by tweaking in the slicer and how?

How often do you empty the container at the chute?

How well does the coloring in their slicer work?

Does the slicer have tree supports?

@Pigles I can’t give you a decibel reading on the noise of my X1-Carbon, but in my opinion, it is not too bad as 2 rooms away I almost do not hear the unit.

There is a “Purge into infill” option in the Bambu Studio slicer that should reduce the filament waste ejected out the back, but so far I have not used it.

I agree that the spool holder on the back is not the most convenient location, but its accessibility and usability are mostly dependent on how and where you setup the unit.

The amount of waste filament due to purging is directly pproportional to the number of color changes the machine has to do to print the model. My usage so far has been mostly single color prints and not many of them so I am not the best example for your question, but I have not needed to empty my purge bucket yet.

Coloring in the slicer is something I have looked at but not really used as I am not that good at fine control of a computer mouse. If one has a steady hand ( I don’t) it should not be too hard of a task.

While I have not yet had the need for supports, I believe Bambu Studio has all the standard forms of supports.

Hopefully another X1 owner can provide better answers.

1 Like

I do not have a Bambu machine, but from what I’ve read their slicer is a fork of PrusaSlicer. PrusaSlicer’s ‘tree supports’ are still in Alpha3 built so I’d deduce no tree supports yet but soon™.

1 Like