Freecad .19 windows install

Not remembering the tutorial at all, I guess after extracting the zip you just need to go into the extracted bin folder containing the FreeCAD.exe using the file explorer of windows, rightclick on it and select create a short cut.

Now the FreeCAD icon should appear on desktop and you can launch the application without any hassle.

Thank you for your reply! I found the problem and resolved it! 7-Zip does NOT have “CREATE SHORTCUT” in the menu when you right click the mouse. It has “Create Folder” & “Create File”… (see attached). So after I extracted in 7-Zip I created a Folder on my desktop and copied all the extracted folders (including BIN folder) into it. I then proceeded to now have the ability to use the Windows File Explorer and right click on Freecad.exe within BIN folder and create a shortcut! Dragged shortcut to Desktop and launched it. VOILA!!! So 7-Zip was the issue all along! Silly…
Much appreciated! Hope this helps others who have fallen into the same trap! Now its time to learn FREECAD?

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:7741}[/ATTACH]

This is an issue that used to crop up years ago when people weren’t used to compressed files like ZIP, ARC, 7Z, & gz. You really can’t do anything with the files until the file has been de-compressed into individual files. I believe the video said to de-compress, but it’s likely Irv only mentioned it briefly, like it’s an automatic thing, because it is these days. Glad to see you figured it out. I guarantee you’ll never forget again :slight_smile:

Cheers!!! ? Stay safe…