Clogging problems....

That doesn’t look like the SLS printers I was looking at where the part is formed in what looks like sand and then pylled out and dusted off after. This looks like a resin printer.

It is a resin printer. My bad. I thought SLS referred to Stereo Lithography. I just looked it up and found it means Selective Laser Sintering. I knew powder printers exist but haven’t really looked into them.

Slective layer sintering I think if my worn out brain doesn’t betray me.

Selective laser sintering - Wikipedia :slight_smile:

That’s it. That is what Vasilli means I think. It seems like a very interesting process and doesn’t need any supports or have any adhesion problems. I’m sure there are other problems one could have but I’m not aware of them. There is even a metal process that is similar.

I’ll try to change one thing on it! Will show when i get the results i want!!

Yes, the tech of SLS has advanced significantly. However, one of the disadvantages of the process is that it creates quite porous models that don’t handle stress well. The article says it’s best for prototyping rather than making functional parts.

This in not an SLS, is MSLA

Aha! A Halloween mystery :smiley:

Well, as the technology continues to evolve , SLS can produce functional for good! Want an example of functional SLS parts? Take a look a Bondtech extruder. It is produced from Nylon powder in SLS printers.

This is a dummy message to comply with this forum’s requirement for at least 10 characters in every post ???

Cool.

LOL XD !!! You could write it a s CooooooooooooooooooL! More than 10 characters!

I thought sls printers had a laser beam and not an extruder. Please set me straight.

Or “Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool! Cool!” <— 10x :smiley:

That’s correct, which is why it’s called Selective LASER Sintering.

It looks too expensive for amateurs to touch.

For sure: at least $3,000; more typically $5,000 and up.

Why are we talking about a bondtec extruder for SLS? I don’t understand.

Yes they have high power laser beam to sinter from resin, plastic up to hard metals as well.

Bondtech extruders are produced in SLS printers and not from injection molding