Bad prints. Please help!

Hello. I’m very new to 3D printing and I received a new 3D printer for my classroom. It is a Creality Ender 3 max neo. The first few prints looked great. Now, not so much. I cleaned my glass flat bed and everything. What else can I do to fix this? Also, I do level the bed before each print. I’m at a loss.

I print on glass, too.

The main issue is that you need to preheat the bed for at least 10 minutes. Then you need to calibrate your z-Offset. Done.

From now on just preheat your printer before the first print and it most likely will never fail like that again.

The reason is that the bed, springs and metal parts in contact with the heated bed, will deform. When you calibrate and print in preheated state, the deformation is already done. In addition to that the temperature sensor is at the bottom of the bed, while the print surface is on the other side and where the room temperature kicks in. Usually the difference is about 5 degree. So if you want a 60°C bed temperature (which is what I use for PLA) you need to set the printer/slicer to 65°C.

In your case most likely the printer deformed while printing the first layer, bringing the print head to close of to far from the bed. I calibrate my printers once a year at most. Preheating is the game changer.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the info! I appreciate it!