Adhesion issues.

I just use a zip tie for that. It’s more reliable.

I’m not sure it would be more reliable, but I do wonder how you get the zip tie off when you need to.

Yeah, but the firmware has a loop check for that. When power is on and the thermistor is not showing any temperature grow, the software terminates a runway, too. So it can detect a faulty thermistor as well as a faulty heater. I even had a runaway do to a loose blower nose once. The blower was working against the heater and the firmware terminated the print as it seemed to have trouble with heating.

My 4" zip ties are too big, I think. Would you mind posting a picture?

Thanks!

I used to have a lot of trouble with the rinky dink thermistors that come with the these machines. I finally got a thermistor that screwed in and never had a problem with it since. I know that I have thermal protection on my machine because my thermistors used to fail so often.

Zip ties are all the same width. You just cut them off.

I just complain more than everyone else.

@roon4660, I think @Alan means he has 4" long ties, but they’re too wide (or thick, depending on how you think about it) to fit in the gap between the fixed and movable parts of the plastic part of the connector. And, I’m not sure where you got the idea that zip ties are all the same width. Here’s a picture of zip ties of various widths:

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“https://th.bing.com/th?q=Wide+Zip-Ties&w=120&h=120&c=1&rs=1&qlt=90&cb=1&dpr=2&pid=InlineBlock&mkt=en-CA&adlt=moderate&t=1&mw=247”}[/IMG2]

@roon4660, how was your original thermistor connected to the hotend? I’ve only seen ones that fasten with a machine screw.

I just bought a bundle of different sizes from the dollar store that are all 1/4 " wide. But different lengths. They fit perfectly and won’t accidentally pop out.

I am really surprised you can get a 1/4" wide zip tie in the groove. The groove in my connectors is less than 1/8".

I get a 1/4" tie into my connectors but they can go in sideways. That’s about an 1/8th.