A toy for my S-i-L's grand children

@Ender5r I don’t think the great granddaughter will be able to pull the wheels off. I printed the axles for the tractor at 1.2mm and they are much smoother. I’ll know what difference it makes when I print the tractor today. Haven’t tried any crayons in the holes yet. Your remix looks really nice.

That’s great to hear @Gramps. I have to tell you, I have wondered if it’s really necessary to glue the axle halves together at all. With the 2 bumps holding the axle into the wheel, it might also keep the axle halves lined up together. As far as the crayons go, my S-i-L says the one I printed for her holds both crayons and colored pencils just fine.

@Ender5r LOL I didn’t even think of gluing the axle half together just pushed them through the holes one at a time. Then pushed the wheels on. Thanks for all the work you put into this

@Gramps, that’s fantastic to hear. The original design didn’t have any “retension” mechanism on the axles, so I had to glue the wheels to the axles. I vowed to fix that in my remix. Nice to know it works even without glue. Thanks.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“center”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“419”,“width”:“558”,“data-attachmentid”:12450}[/ATTACH]

@Ender5r Here’s the finished crayon truck. The only issue I had was getting the kingpin in. Might have been because both the cab and kingpin were printed at 1.2mm. Did a little filing and ended up putting the halves in separate.

I presume that you have no fear the king pin will come out then? ? When I put mine in the 1st test piece, I did turn the test piece and pin upside down in a vise (so the triangular ends of the king pin’s base were resting on the vise jaws), then used a hammer to tap the test piece onto the pin. Yep, it was a tight fit, but it was also very strong afterward.

It looks good! I do like that the edges are rounded; safer for the kids I think.

I agree the rounded edges are much safer and also gives it a more finished look. if I print another another one I’ll put the kingpin in before I put the wheels on.

Good point. Obviously, my test pieces didn’t have wheels, so it wasn’t an issue for me.