3D printed fondant pop stamps

Hello,
Can anyone make a tutoriel on how to create or design this type of projects ! Ive never used a 3D printer & im about to get into ne soon ! Thank you

Well, you basically need to lean CAD first. CAD converts a 3D printer from a toy into a tool.

To get the stamp you simply design the result in CAD and afterwards subtract it from a block to get the stamp.

Agreed. OP, you might want to look into TinkerCAD as an easy way to get into design.

To make the fine print of the samples in the picture, are you purchasing a resin 3D printer?

Cheers

Hi
Thank you for your answer ! No im purchasing a bambu lab P1P ! I will check the TinkerCAD & try to learn some basics !

Consider buying a 0.2mm nozzle in order to to be able to print finer details than what the standard 0.4 mm nozzle is capable of.

FWIW, resin printers can printer much finer details than an FDM printer like the P1P.

Cheers

Unfortunately i cannot get a resin printer, i will use the printer in my office room which is in my apartment & i live in a place where it snows 6 months/Year so i will not be able to keep my windows open for aeration ! I will try to get a 0,2mm nozzle but the question is how it will work ? The 0,2 can do the whole project or i need to change the nozzle halfway ? Thank you

There is no way to change the nozzle mid printing.

The resolution of a 0.4mm nozzle should be ok for a fondant stamp. For sure you can start of with a 0.2mm nozzle, but I would start using the default nozzle and check how far you get.

Changing the nozzle is not as easy as it looks. In fact it is the most complex thing you need to do, unless you have one of those new, but also expensive e3D nozzles. You can swap really easy and without tools.

I asked someone working on same products & told me that they do the fine details using a 0,25 nozzle

Well, if some expert says so, he will probably be right.

However. I suggest to print using the default nozzle to learn the entire process on a working printer. Changing the nozzle is, as said, not as easy as it looks and will add tons of additional problems to the mix, if done wrong.

Make sure to look into tutorials as you can do things wrong, when messing with the nozzle. Basic information is that you need to swap the nozzle in hot state and ensure it is screwed against the heat pipe and not against the heat sink.

If done wrong the plastic will get stuck inside the heating section causing clogging or leak out of other places.

Seems complicated lol i will try with the default nozzle first then decide ! Thaank uuu

FDM printing is not yet plug and play, so it is a good idea to learn to walk before trying to run. Most printing is done with a 0.4 mm nozzle, so you’ll find much more help from other users when using that nozzle size.

The good news is that Bambu does a good job making their printers beginner friendly. For example, their hotends have an integrated hotend and nozzle so swapping can be done with the nozzle cold. If you purchase a ‘complete hotend assembly’ with the 0.2 mm nozzle, then all you have to do to uninstall the old one is to remove the magnetically attached front cover, loosen 2 screws, and pop two electrical connectors. And, to install the new nozzle, reverse the procedure (see the Bambu wiki).

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers