Question For Micro Swiss Hardened Steel Nozzle Owners

Would there be any advantage to installing a larger pi?

A more powerful Pi will run things even more easily. There is also the possibility of connecting a camera to it, so the print job can be monitored. I actually initiate jobs from my couch. I use the camera on my Klipper Pi to see my printer in the basement. If everything goes well I can just continue to monitor the print job from time to time. If it doesn’t go well I am close enough to quickly get to my basement to correct things.

In your opinion knowing quite well my options, what would you do in my circumstance if you were a stingy old fool like me? Money is an option.

I suspect, in your case, upgrading to a 32-bit board would be the simplist, most straight forward approach.

I think I would have to agree with @Ender5r in your case @roon4660 the Creality 32 bit board would be your best bet. It would be pretty much plug and play.

I admit I shall have to get a 32 bit board installed at some point even though it has been working steadily printing for days without a glitch. I’m starting to wonder what’s the matter, I usually have some kind of screw up at least once in a while. That new fan made all the difference for my old heat creep problem.

I remember the discussion about your heat creep. Good to hear the fan is working out. The 32-bit board, once upgraded with Marlin 2.x would definitely give you the M600 command.

Good news folks: I just checked the Micro Swiss heater block and, [SIZE=22px]?[/SIZE], there is no oozing filament on the top or the bottom.

:mad::mad::mad:

Bad news. More leaking. This time, when I went to tighten everything up, I stripped the grub screw that holds the heat break into the heat sink. I’ve kept the µSwiss extruder but I had to reinstall the original Creality nozzle assembly. It’s working but, of course, it’s not all-metal.

I saw online a mod to install an E3D Revo Micro on Ender 5 printers. I may well look into that. Meantime, I almost can’t wait for the Prusa MK3S+ to get shipped and arrive.

3D printers can sure be a thorn in your backside. I don’t mind tinkering with stuff but I also want it to work when I need it. I was thinking about buying a Swiss extruder when I decided to convert my Ender 3 v2 to a direct drive, but I went with the Creality one instead. Partly because it was half the price. I think the Swiss extruder & hotend have been a thorn in your side since you purchased it. About the time you get it all figured out the Prusa MK3S+ will arrive. Got tentative shipping date?

It costs more but, if you really wanted to upgrade your hotend, I would look seriously at the E3D Revo. It’s pretty advanced, and it has quickly interchangeable nozzles.

Right now about the only thing I would do to is is install an all metal hotend. I had the Slice Engineering on on my E3V2 when it had the boden tube. Can’t decide if I want to buy a new one or take the one out of the boden setup.

The Revo is all metal.