An (Almost) Beautiful Print

I finally got to Home Depot & bought a 3/16" threaded rod, plus 4 turnbuckle nuts & regular nuts to fit the rod. These will be used with some printed pieces to reinforce the forklift print bed of my Ender 5. Hopefully, they will stiffen the bed even more than the last supports I printed & make it a lot harder to deflect the printbed downward.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“219”,“width”:“415”,“data-attachmentid”:6562}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“222”,“width”:“407”,“data-attachmentid”:6563}[/ATTACH]

Here’s 1 of the pieces that fits at the back of the printbed, resting up against the cylinder that rides up & down the support post. I will likely have to drill the hole out somewhat to fit the threaded rod, but I printed the piece with thick walls for just that purpose.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:6564}[/ATTACH]

I’m sure you can see the (Almost) part. There is some stringing for sure. Now, for this purpose, I don’t really care. After all, it’s going to be underneath the printbed. Again, this was printed with the Hello3D Carbon Black PETG. Again the surface quality (ignoring the stringing) is pretty incredible. Here’s a closeup:

Finally, here’s a shot after a little cleanup:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“236”,“width”:“511”,“data-attachmentid”:6565}[/ATTACH]

Curious to see how this works out. I’m still playing with my dual Z on the Ender 5. I got it working, but am trying to get the front print area back.