NEMA 17 Cable Support

To help prevent any (more) broken wires in my Ender 5’s extruder stepper motor harness, I created this:
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“142”,“width”:“521”,“data-attachmentid”:13102}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“220”,“width”:“412”,“data-attachmentid”:13103}[/ATTACH]

Today, I printed the model:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:13107}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:13106}[/ATTACH]
#1 #2

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:13105}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:13108}[/ATTACH]
#3 #4

If it’s not obvious, the wire support is held on by the semi-flexible corner pieces, as seen in the closeup #2. The support takes advantage of the design of the stepper motor, in that the corners of the front and rear cast aluminum end caps actually protude beyond the corners of the laminated field plates. This gives the support 4 places to get a grip.

I included photo #3 to show that I left the back of the stepper motor open, to help reduce any heat buildup.

Photo #4 shows the arm after bending it using a heat gun. This angles the wires toward the wire harness connected to the hotend and BL Touch, keeping them relatively together.

What will you think of next - That is very clever. Way to design! My envy!

That is a good example of designing and printing something you couldn’t buy.