Colorfab XT and the Ender 3 S1 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorfab XT and the Ender 3 S1 Pro

I am doing a review of the Ender 3 S1 Pro, which can print at up to 300c with the print bed easily holding a temperature of 100c. That makes it possible for me to use filaments I could only use on my Prusa MK3 which assembled sells for $1,000. I bought it as a kit for $750 and it took me about 5 hours, 5 difficult hours, to assemble it. The S1 Pro sells for $479 on the Creality website.

So far, it can handle everything the Prusa can handle.

I love printing with ColorFab XT but it requires a printer that can extrude at 240 to 260c and my best results are at 250. I tried it on my FLSUN Super Racer at 230 and the layers failed to stick together.

This very short video is the result of printing a model from CodeAndMake customized at models.makewithtech.com. (Just search for item 57174 by entering that number in the search box and clicking search.). I think the results speak for themselves.

https://youtube.com/shorts/uInBkcWFE9U?feature=share

Irv

As Darth Vader once said, "Impressive!" 😁

Comment

• irvshapiro
      irvshapiro commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I am really loving this machine. I just replace the stock brass nozzle with a Micro Swiss hardened steel Plated nozzle so I can try carbon-reinforced nylon-x which prints at 250 - 265°C. This is a link to the Nylon-X page at Matterhackers. It will be great for function parts like scooter tires, RC plane parts, carabiners, and more if it lives up to the hype. Since it combines Nylon with Carbon fiber it has some flexibility with great strength. Starting the tests prints later today.
Working...
X