Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowteck
    commented on 's reply
    After determining that the bed plate is warped, I replaced the center screw and tightened without the spacers and the bed cold. I then replaced the glass, replaced the clamps ( 2 ), heated the bed and nozzle and proceeded to re-level the bed. Was easy this time and I had pleanty of spare threads on leveling screws. I have now printed two sets of chess board squares and they look great, and the bed does not have a bulge in the center. I think the key to the center screw is for the bed to be cold when setting the screw.

Removing the spacers and tweaking the bed lower is the key to getting a better print and a more level bed.

• Lowteck
    replied
    After taking the center (point1) screw out I did about 20 perfect chess squares before I got a bad print. At this point I began to re-level the bed. I started by tightening all 4 corner leveling screws as tight as they would go and then backed off about a fourth of the distance. I took the glass plate and washing the magigoo off. I then placed the glass plate and started leveling. I found out that I could disable the stepper motors after setting the center point. With that I moved the hotend around to the four corners. There was a problem the Z stepper motors seemed to let the extruder/hotend lower by gravity. I then started using the point 1 level button. It did not go to the center but stayed put. Then I could get a better level. I them to my dismay, I found out that there is a bow at the center. I could not overcome that problem, so after cool down I will see if I put the screw back in the center just to keep the plate from rising or bowing at the center.

Leave a comment:

• Lowteck
    started a topic Modified Bed for Artist-D

Modified Bed for Artist-D

Last night this morning, whichever, after being totally frustrated, I broke down and did a minor modification to the bed of my printer. I found the center of the bed and cut an X and then used an allenwrench to tighten the center screw. I thought that it was drawing the two bed together tighter against the spacers. It turned just over a half turn and that was it. It, at first seemed to make a little difference, but not enough. I tried to finish the chess board squares but they just would not lay a good first layer. I had tried everything I knew to do and just became more frustrated. So, at this point I took one spacer out. The screw would not tighten any more that before so I took the screw and spacer out. Then I began to re-level the bed cold. This gave me a rough level and some would say I wasted my time, but at 75 time is all I have. After heating the bed, I fine tuned the level and started another print. It is doing OK, not perfect, but I have an appointment at the VA hospital. Now the center point or point 1 is like moving the limit switch on my other printer. I have plenty of lead-way on the four corners, and at this point I am satisfied. I would not dare suggest someone do what I did, but then again, I do have a new bed coming, if bad comes to worse.
Working...
X