Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roon4660
    replied
    I'm talking about a jet pack drone with a little robot. Of course I know you can print drones. Trying to control a jet pack remotely would be quite challenging.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    Drones can be 3D printed. There are plenty on Thingiverse, & there are websites dedicated to it. However, I believe the guy from Sweden who 3D prints lithos & T-shirts did videos about printing drones & found many of the materials, such as PLA, are not strong enough.

Leave a comment:

• roon4660
    commented on 's reply
    I just realized that I have watched him before. He is clever and zany.

• roon4660
    replied
    So printing a drone scaled way down would be impossible with the materials at hand. Hypothetically would it be doable if the material did exist?
    I was just wondering what you do when you go hurtling through the air and the thrusters inconveniently conk out?

When I was watching that video I was thinking of the Somalian pirates and how that could cut their pirate careers short.

Leave a comment:

• roon4660
    replied
    That would surely let me out. They need one for grandfathers.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    You would also have to be immensely strong in that you have to be able to support yourself on only your arms for the entire flight.

Leave a comment:

• roon4660
    replied
    I was just trying to imagine myself doing my shopping in Montreal during Covid lockdown with one of those gadgets. It does look like fun but must be kinda noisy.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    I say toys in the sense that they are not for real, production use. They are interesting for sure. They're also good proofs of concept. But, as I almost said in my last post, I wouldn't put my life on the line by trying 1 of them.

Leave a comment:

• Geit
    replied
    Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
    Toy rockets & such are 1 thing. 3D printing devices upon which someone's life mignt depend are entirely another.
    I would not consider his attempts as toys. I would rather consider his experiments highly dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    Toy rockets & such are 1 thing. 3D printing devices upon which someone's life mignt depend are entirely another.

Leave a comment:

• Geit
    replied

Integza is 3D printing rockets and other stuff you usually think cannot be printed. His channel is quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2a...EI3r1RZ_dlSxCw

Not a functional jetpack, but he shows interesting concepts and does a funny presentation with a nice science background. So learning by laughing!

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    You mean 3D print the handheld jet thrusters? If so, I doubt it very much. I suspect the materials used are pretty special.

Leave a comment:

• roon4660
    started a topic Can this be 3d printed?

Can this be 3d printed?

I was watching this impressive video and the question came to me. https://youtu.be/suHOLFhbwsM
Working...
X