X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MambaRoja
    replied
    Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
    At the most, I would say 200 to 300 mm (it shouldn't take more than 3 feeds to find the right rate.
    Thanks, I had not looked at the process details.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    That's good work. So calibrating the E steps didn't help. That's too bad. If I think of something else, I'll post.

Leave a comment:

• kmw072671
    replied
    Just a follow up, after re-calibrating my extruder and checking over everything mechanically (cleaned and re-greased Z worm gear), slightly loosened my belts I re-printed the part and guess what....those bands you mentioned in the earlier post appeared. I then tighten the belts back up and re-printed and the bands went away.

So I think I solved why people are getting bands in their prints - loose belts! See right picture...

My problem is consistent no matter what I try
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    At the most, I would say 200 to 300 mm (it shouldn't take more than 3 feeds to find the right rate.

Leave a comment:

• MambaRoja
    replied
    How much filament is needed to calibrate the E steps?

Leave a comment:

• roon4660
    commented on 's reply
    I just noticed that video and posted on it. What do you think?

• Ender5r
    replied
    Leaving aside the Z steps for a moment, did you calibrate the E steps for this particular filament? Each filament can require it's own E step setting, because some filaments melt/flow easier than others.

Leave a comment:

• kmw072671
    replied
    OK, I have calibrated extruder to about 102 E steps originally when I set up the printer from the beginning, I think default was 93. This gave me exactly 100mm of extrusion when measured. How do you calibrate z steps? I didn't think you did?
    Last edited by kmw072671; 02-04-2021, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    Ah, I think I see what you're getting at: the 'nubs' that appear randomly around the slope? If so, this has come up in the forum before. I can't be certain, but I seem to recall that some of this was related to things like flow rate, E-steps, & Z-steps. If you haven't calibrated these things, I would do so.

Leave a comment:

• kmw072671
    replied
    Yes, I understand that the set back for each layer might cause some edges up the part but that's not what I'm talking about, maybe try this picture as it is closer in to identify what I'm talking about: to me there are small gaps (or bumps?) between layers on the outer wall:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kmw072671; 02-04-2021, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gramps
    replied
    I haven't tried this yet but sounds interesting and might help with your issue. https://youtu.be/18uYYXecH5g

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    Be aware that vertical walls will be smoother than sloped ones (the small setback needed on each layer to create the slope leads to a little rougher finish). Now, having said that, I have used a filament that has given a smoother finish than others I've used: https://forum.drvax.com/forum/pictur...print#post6429.

Leave a comment:

• kmw072671
    replied
    Humm, OK, my other parts came out a little nicer, not that that this is really bad just hoping for a smoother wall. I do not want to start sanding this part as the PLA finish is what I'm going for. Just seems the imperfections are "systematic" and repeated so it must be mechanical??

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    OK, but this is 3D printing, which means the object is made up of layers, a bit like a brick wall. In my experience, walls, particularly sloped ones, are never truly smooth. If you want truly smooth walls, I would refer you to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCmnN8iugc.

Leave a comment:

• kmw072671
    replied
    Actually the band near the middle that sticks out a little is OK and suppose to be there. I'm referring to the small imperfections in the wall that are all over (the wall is not perfectly smooth).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X