New all metal hot ends.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roon4660 View Post
    It seems to me that they must have designed their own slicer program to make these machines work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    There is a free slicer for belt printers. I can't recall the name now. If someone recalls.....
    Thinking simple is the hardest way.....

Comment

Here is my "new" all metal hot end builded from old hot end parts, the new all metal throat and a new hot end block. Cost? 6€

Comment

I presume the thermistor is an m3.

Comment

Originally posted by roon4660 View Post
          It seems to me that they must have designed their own slicer program to make these machines work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
          My suspicion is that it comes down to how the model is oriented on the slicer's build plate. I think it follows that the model can't be placed flat on the plate. I suspect, if the printer has the Z axis tilted over at 45°, then the model would have to be tilted on the build plate @ 45°. Also, I suspect, if the model is longer than it is wide, it should be oriented so the long axis runs the same direction as the belt.

Comment

I see your logic. It seems there is a lot of possibility for these printers that hasn't been exploited yet. I seems they could have two or more x axes each with duel heads giving you a four or more head printer with all the variations of colour and material type.

Comment

Originally posted by Vassili Finellis View Post
              Here is my "new" all metal hot end builded from old hot end parts, the new all metal throat and a new hot end block. Cost? 6€
              Cute.

FYI, there is no such word as "builded" in English. The correct word is "built".

Comment

Thanks mate. I'll remember that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post

My suspicion is that it comes down to how the model is oriented on the slicer's build plate. I think it follows that the model can't be placed flat on the plate. I suspect, if the printer has the Z axis tilted over at 45°, then the model would have to be tilted on the build plate @ 45°. Also, I suspect, if the model is longer than it is wide, it should be oriented so the long axis runs the same direction as the belt.
                  Actually is oriented flat on the bed just like in ordinary slicer. The slices are in an angle of 45 deg.

Comment

Originally posted by Vassili Finellis View Post
                    Thanks mate. I'll remember that!!!!
                    YW. Of course, with English, it gets ridiculously complicated. For example, when you spill something, the older word was "spilt", which goes well with "built". But, these days, most people say "spilled", which doesn't go so well. Still, "spilt" is not considered wrong; just a little out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender5r View Post

YW. Of course, with English, it gets ridiculously complicated. For example, when you spill something, the older word was "spilt", which goes well with "built". But, these days, most people say "spilled", which doesn't go so well. Still, "spilt" is not considered wrong; just a little out of date.
                      Modern English. Same as rest of languages.

Comment

Working...
                      X