Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ender5r
    replied
    I bought a JST connector kit, but I think I got the wrong one: I think the pins are too large. Anyway, it turned out that crimping these connectors was a lot harder than I expected, and I'm used to doing these sorts of things.

UPDATE: Actually, what I meant to say is the housings are too big for my stepper motors or control board.
    Last edited by Ender5r; 10-21-2020, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Larry
    replied
    This is the one i bought. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 of course i have the Ender 3 V2 but i also needed a long cable and used a bracket off of thingiverse to mount it. I cut off the dupont female connectors off the cable and crimped my own 5 pins and put them into a 5 pin JST female connector which is what the Ender 3 V2's BL touch connector is. This made for a lot more reliable connection to the main board. The 2 meter extension cable comes pre-terminated with the BL touch connector already made.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    started a topic BL Touch question

BL Touch question

If I wanted to order a genuine BL Touch from Aliexpress, what do I need for my Ender 5 besides the sensor itself. I do realize I will need a long cable to connect the sensor to the control board, and a bracket to connect it to the hotend plus, of course, some bolts to fasten it all.

I found a bracket on thingiverse.com that looks really good.

So, I'm looking for advice on which BL Touch to get, which long cable to buy, and if there is anything else I will need. BTW, I did look for an official Creality Ender 5 kit on Aliexpress, but couldn't find one. I found Ender 3 kits, but I'm not sure if it would fit (although I suspect it would). So that's another question: are the Ender 3 & 5 hotends essentially the same?
Working...
X