No announcement yet.

Bed adhesion issues with new MP10 mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I had the issue I created a new printer profile.

You need to setup the diameter during the setup process. You somehow cannot change it later unless you open the printer profile with an editor and patch it by hand to the right diameter.

I had that when printing a single wall test print box. The PLA handled like TPU and the box was squishy

Comment

In Cura you can change it on this tab:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 3.18.51 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	3704

Comment

• Geit
        Geit commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope they fixed the bug. Last time I wasn´t able to change the diameter. After reopening it was back to 2.85mm

Nice. Thanks Irv.

Comment

The problem wasn't actual filament, but the filament diameter settings in Cura. I asked the same question in the Cura forums and was given the same information regarding where to set filament diameter in cura. Fixed. Now I just need to do the extruder and bowden tube upgrades and I think I'll have my issues fixed. Slowing down the print speed to 40 mm/sec also helped.

Comment

It is somewhat amazing how much prints can be improved by slowing down.

So, are you converting to 2.85mm? Permanently or just until you've used up the filament you have on hand? I do look forward to hearing about your experiences using larger filament, and to see photos of you setup and prints of course.

Comment

Didn't use larger filament, it was just a setting error in Cura

Comment

Originally posted by landrus60 View Post
              Got it. I can certainly see how telling Cura it's working with 2.85mm filament and actually using 1.75mm could cause pretty severe underextrusion.

Comment

Originally posted by landrus60 View Post
                I misread your original post. 😆 Glad you tracked it down!

Comment

Working...
                X