Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarcSchuh
    replied
    Thanks for all the info and help. I just got a Anycube Mega X and ran out of room on my printer bench so I am putting this printer off to the side for now.
    You have been very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• irvshapiro
    replied
    An easy way to post videos here, if you have a Gmail account then you also have a youtube account. Go to youtube and upload your video leaving its visibility set to "unlisted". Then click on the video icon in the toolbar. The video icon is right next to the photo icon and enter the youtube share URL. Works great.

Leave a comment:

• Vassili Finellis
    replied
    If the problem is indeed the end stops, you could print a base for the loosen one to stabilized for good! I guess we can help you in this with pleasure!

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    Originally posted by Larry View Post
    I know this sounds weird but check to see if there is a cable or something that is hitting the limit switch between the bed and the switch itself. Sounds like the limit switch is being triggered before it should be making the printer think the bed is all the way back before it truly is. The fact that you moved it further supports that it might be more likely to be a physical problem then a software setting. Or maybe the switch got bent? Just a thought.
    Good points. It's even possible 1 or more of the limit switches is loose and has moved.

Leave a comment:

• Larry
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcSchuh View Post
    Hello All
    I have an issue with one of my printers. It was printing great. I needed to move it for a short time so moved it to another work bench got it powered up and when i went to run a print it now printing off the front of the build plate. I'm not sure what would have changed in that short time.
    Thanks Marc
    I know this sounds weird but check to see if there is a cable or something that is hitting the limit switch between the bed and the switch itself. Sounds like the limit switch is being triggered before it should be making the printer think the bed is all the way back before it truly is. The fact that you moved it further supports that it might be more likely to be a physical problem then a software setting. Or maybe the switch got bent? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Larry; 09-08-2020, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MarcSchuh
    replied
    Yes was using the right profile. I have been printing great until I moved the printer to a new bench. But yes something to look at but it looks good to me.

Leave a comment:

• Ender5r
    replied
    Excellent point Geit. So my idea of verifying the positioning of the hotend, combined with yours to make sure the correct printer profile is being used, should confirm whether the printer is working or defective.

Leave a comment:

• Vassili Finellis
    commented on 's reply
    Not stupid question, but the best question !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Vassili Finellis
    commented on 's reply
    Z -0.19 means that it looses 0.19 mm ( 190 microns ) off. Afterall this is negligible.

• Geit
    replied
    Stupid question. How did you slice the model? You need to tell the slicer how big the bed is and the offset from 0/0 till the bed starts.

So, could it be that you simply used a wrong printer profile to slice the part? If the printer has a bigger print volume than yours, it will start to print outside, as the printer itself is stupid and has no max endstops. Since a slicer will place the part into the center, it is possible that this centered position is not on your build plate.
    Last edited by Geit; 08-25-2020, 05:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MarcSchuh
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks,I will give that a try

• Ender5r
    replied
    I think you need to test movement of the hotend. Connect a computer to the printer using USB. I don't know how large your print bed is, but use a metric ruler to mark off several distances on a piece of graph paper: 100,100; 100,10; 10,100; 150,150; etc. Fasten the graph paper to the print bed, putting the 0,0 point right where the hotend is located when it's homed. Then, run Pronterface. Tell Pronterface to connect to the printer. Once connected, tell the hotend to move various distances by issuing commands like G1 X100 Y100. See where the hotend winds up. Take notes.

Leave a comment:

• MarcSchuh
    commented on 's reply
    That is what got me so confused. It at the lower left and right were it should be.

• Ender5r
    replied
    Originally posted by MarcSchuh View Post
    I'm not sure if this could be the issue or not. When I home the printer this is what I see. Shouldn't they all be at 0?
    I don't believe the Z distance would have anything to do with printing outside of the bounds of the print bed. Z is the height, not the width or length. So, even if it was 0, I doubt it would make a difference. As Alan says, as long as the 1st layer is adhering to the bed nicely, then the Z value is OK.

Now, as to your problem, when the printer is homed, where is the hotend? Is it in a place that makes sense?

Leave a comment:

• MarcSchuh
    commented on 's reply
    The bed is leave very well. Just printing the wrong place and I rally don't know who to get the back to 0.
Working...
X