Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ender 5 pro not printing correctly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ender 5 pro not printing correctly

    I am new to 3d printing and i have an Ender 5 Pro and it was working fine and now i cannot get a single good print, please help me, any idea what is going on? i have tried bed leveling many many times and still get the same results. Please help me

    here is a sample of some of the print results


    Thank you very much for all the help you provide to the 3d printer world!!

  • #2
    Disabled part cooling fan in you slicer? Or is the fan simply broken?

    Comment


    • Lugat
      Lugat commented
      Editing a comment
      I checked it and the cooling fan is working fine it is set up at 100.

  • #3
    The 1st thing I suggest you check is the firmware setting for Z steps/mm. Your sample print looks squished to half height, the same as mine was when I got it. It took a week of searching, but I finally found out that Creality changed the Z lead screw on the Pro version (don't know about the non-Pro) from 400 steps/mm to 800, BUT, they didn't update the firmware on machines going out the door.

    You can find the setting in the LCD menu system on the printer. I forget exactly where, but search around & you'll find it. The main clue will be a setting that reads either 400 or 800. There's only 1, so you can't mistake it. If it is set to 400, change it to 800 (which takes a lot of dial spinning), then find the Store Settings menu item & click it to store the setting. Then, do another test print.

    Comment


    • Lugat
      Lugat commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow, that's good to know thank you so much for that i will try it today, thank Ender5r, i will let you know and post more pictures later thank you so much!!!

  • #4
    Probelm solved, thank you very much Ender5r was able to set it from 400, change it to 800 and works well now thank you very much!!!

    Comment


    • #5
      Fantastic Lugat. BTW, to check if the new setting "sticks", simply turn the printer off, then back on & check the Z steps/mm again. If it still reads 800 then it was successfully stored.

      I'm surprised you got a printer with the wrong setting. Creality started shipping Ender 5 printers with the correct setting over a year ago. Did you buy the printer new?

      Also, if the printer is that old, it likely came with the 1.1.5 control board inside. If so, I highly recommend you get the 4.2.7 board & replace the 1.1.5. The new board is 32 bit, which means it can hold the newest version of Marlin. And, the firmware can be updated/upgraded simply by copying the newer firmware to a micro SD card & turning the printer on with the card in the slot.... so much easier. I found it on Amazon.com for $36.

      Finally, don't be a stranger. This is a great community -- many helpful people, most of them more knowledgeable than me.

      Comment


      • #6
        Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
        Fantastic Lugat. BTW, to check if the new setting "sticks", simply turn the printer off, then back on & check the Z steps/mm again. If it still reads 800 then it was successfully stored.

        I'm surprised you got a printer with the wrong setting. Creality started shipping Ender 5 printers with the correct setting over a year ago. Did you buy the printer new?

        Also, if the printer is that old, it likely came with the 1.1.5 control board inside. If so, I highly recommend you get the 4.2.7 board & replace the 1.1.5. The new board is 32 bit, which means it can hold the newest version of Marlin. And, the firmware can be updated/upgraded simply by copying the newer firmware to a micro SD card & turning the printer on with the card in the slot.... so much easier. I found it on Amazon.com for $36.

        Finally, don't be a stranger. This is a great community -- many helpful people, most of them more knowledgeable than me.
        You can install the latest Marlin to any 8 bit board. There is no need to dump the board. My printers are 5+ years old and 8 bit and I had no issues in updating them.

        Comment


        • #7
          You can't install the latest Marlin unless you disable a number of features. I do not wish to do that, primarily because I consider it a waste of my time to have to pick & choose features & then check to see if the resulting code will fit. I'd much rather spend a few dollars & have the ability to install the complete Marlin.

          Comment


          • #8

            Just disable SD card support and you can use any feature you want. Invest the saved money into a raspberry pi, that gives you real features like wifi and a searchable database of previous prints. You even can upgrade your printers firmware remotely using some plugin or by logging into the pi and running the required command.

            SD card usage is shit. Fumbling with these cards, carrying them around, loosing them or even worst missing the slot and tossing them into the printers electronic box.

            I never ever printed from SD card and there never was a regret. The SD small cards which came with my printer hold all the .stl files I used to upgrade the printer as well as a copy of the currently installed firmware and source. So it basically got reduced to a fancy SD card holder.

            Comment


            • #9
              Each to his own. I don't mind using SD cards. That's what I'm doing on my Artist D at the moment. Eventually I'll Pi it, but I've got other things to do 1st. I'm surprised to hear you say that only SD card support needs to be disabled. Are you saying that all the other features can be enabled if SD card support is disabled? All of them?

              Comment


              • #10
                Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                Each to his own. I don't mind using SD cards. That's what I'm doing on my Artist D at the moment. Eventually I'll Pi it, but I've got other things to do 1st. I'm surprised to hear you say that only SD card support needs to be disabled. Are you saying that all the other features can be enabled if SD card support is disabled? All of them?
                From what I know yes. SD card support is a really big chunk of code. In fact the biggest one you can disable, if I remember correctly.

                Comment


                • #11
                  It is surprising to me to think that SD card support takes up so much room. I would've thought timing routines for moving the axes would take up more.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Ender5r View Post
                    It is surprising to me to think that SD card support takes up so much room. I would've thought timing routines for moving the axes would take up more.
                    You need an entire FAT file system, io code, code to display and sort files and and and...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X