A Beautiful Failed Print

Here are some photos of the hair dryer air concentrator I designed & printed out of Hello3D PETG Carbon. It looks great, and fits the hair dryer like a glove but, unfortunately, it can’t stand up the heat of the hair dryer, so in the end it’s a failure. Sigh…

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: _MG_3616.jpg Views: 0 Size: 864.6 KB ID: 6432”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“6432”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“232”,“width”:“212”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: _MG_3617.jpg Views: 0 Size: 878.2 KB ID: 6433”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“6433”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“237”,“width”:“189”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: _MG_3619.jpg Views: 0 Size: 973.3 KB ID: 6431”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“6431”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“207”,“width”:“229”}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: _MG_3618.jpg Views: 0 Size: 863.4 KB ID: 6430”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“6430”,“data-size”:“custom”,“height”:“211”,“width”:“231”}[/ATTACH]

I mainly wanted to post about this in order to point out how great this filament is. Among the various filaments I’ve tried, this one is unique. It prints so smoothly the layers are hardly visible. Heck, you pretty much can’t even feel them. It’s also strong, and can flex so it doesn’t break. Go ahead, click on the photos and zoom in; check it for yourself.

Hello3D indeed. Looks amazing.

That print quality is outstanding. What printer, layer height, slicer did you use?

Ender 5 Pro, 0.12mm, Cura 4.8. I want to emphasize that this is the only filament I have used that exhibits this quality. Not sure what it is about this filament, but it’s something.

Where did you buy this? It’s time for me to get some black PETG. I tried finding it on Amazon, but it appears that all the Hello3D products there are PLA.

Do you think it’s the carbon additive that makes it look so good? I wasn’t particularly looking to get a carbon PETG, but if it works so well why not? It might force me to install that new head end I ordered with the hardened nozzle.

I got it from a place in Canada: [U]https://www.envirolaser3d.com/pages/about-us[/U]. I can’t remember if I was able to order it directly or I had it sent to me by a friend in Canada. I’ve done both in the past, and not just with 3D products.

As I said, I don’t know what it is about his filament that’s so good.

I guess hair dryers get pretty hot. Have you any idea how strong, flexible and resistant it is. It certainly looks good and seems a fair price for carbon.

I haven’t tested it for flexibility or strength.

It certainly looks great. It would be nice to know more about it’s properties. It seems you have to be a materials scientist with all the different filaments available.